Aircraft Refuelling Tanker Maintenance Team Leader Location: RAF Brize Norton Carterton, Oxfordshire, GB, OX18 3LX£32,000 per annum plus benefits
At RAF Brize Norton in Oxfordshire, Serco has been providing multi-activity and engineering support since 1997. Serco proudly support the RAF and MoD, supplying around 20 different services onsite, from engine and aircraft maintenance, to fuelling and ground control services. RAF Brize Norton is the largest operating base within the Royal Air Force, providing air transport and air-to-air refuelling to the RAF fleet, you will contribute enormously to the vital work carried out here. You'll also be part of the wider team, with 5,800 service personnel, 1,200 contractors and 300 civil servants on site.
The Serco Aircraft Refuelling Tanker Maintenance Team are responsible for maintenance and rectification of the RAF Brize Norton aircraft refuelling vehicles, fuel transfer vehicles and associated equipment, in addition to Runway Arrestor Gear Daily Checks and Maintenance (Training will be provided). Working Regime:
Mon-Fri 37 Hour week07:30 hrs -16:00 Mon -Thu07:30 hrs- 12:30
Standby out of hours commitment -standby at home Mon-Fri. This standby week includes a weekend commitment to complete Runway Arrestor Gear Daily Checks. 07:30 -08:30 Sat and Sun. Standby weeks (including Sat & Sun Runway Arrestor Gear Daily Checks) are an occasional commitment shared between the team. This commitment attracts additional pay. Overtime as required/ on the Job Training will be provided.Key Competencies:
? Ability to effectively lead and manage a team? Completing maintenance, inspections, repair and rectification of RAF Brize Norton aircraft refuelling vehicles, fuel transfer vehicles and associated equipment.? Completing the removal and refit of assemblies and components - working in accordance with maintenance schedules, workshop manuals, technical publications and parts catalogues.? Ensure that all tasks are completed in a timely fashion and to health and safety, fire, emergency evacuation, quality, risk, and COSHH standards and procedures.? Maintaining a clear, safe, tidy, effective and efficient working environment.? Ensure that all staff working under your control adhere to:? Technical Work Procedures.? Health &Safety Instructions.? Serco Operating ProceduresWhat you need to do the job:Essential skills and experience:
? Three years of experience in the HGV Large Vehicle Maintenance Arena? Ability to effectively and safely complete technical maintenance and rectification tasks.? Functional IT skills to use Electronic Technical Manuals and to update Maintenance Recording systems.? Be an excellent team player with a "can-do safely" approach to work.? Must have high standards of oral and written communication skills.? Full UK Driving Licence.? Eyesight Colour perception. Must be able to achieve Military "CP2" standard for Airfield Driving.? Due to the nature of the role, you must be able to achieve MoD Security Clearance. Desirable skills and experience:
? NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) Vehicle Maintenance.? "Category C" Vocational Driving licence. Roles Responsibilities related to the role:
What we offer:
- Lead and Manage colleagues under your control - including performance appraisals, mentoring and personal development to ensure they deliver effective, efficient, "right first time every time" output to our customers.
- Ensure that sufficient competent, qualified personnel are in place to plan, perform, supervise, inspect, certify the work and complete the tasks.
- Ensure a record of all training and experience of your team of maintenance personnel is kept and available for update and review.
- Ensure that all maintenance and tasks are correctly certified and that records of maintenance carried out are retained safely and securely.
- Notifying the Engineering Manager of any condition of the aircraft refuelling vehicles, fuel transfer vehicles and associated equipment which could hazard safety.
- Ensuring good maintenance practices are in place and where appropriate compliance with Military Vehicle Maintenance requirements.
- Ensure compliance with relevant Quality Systems.
- Ensure appropriate internal, external and independent audit activities are carried out, recorded and acted on when required.
- Notify the Serco Engineering Manager whenever deficiencies emerge that require their attention in respect of safety, risk compliance and engineering standards.
- Must implement and promote a "Zero Harm" Open Reporting Safety Culture where all individuals are willing and able to report any issue or event which they believe has or could potentially lead to a Safety risk.
- Deliver Continuous Improvement to ensure that Teams under their control drive for effectiveness, efficiency and improvements in the output and working environment.
There are a range of benefits for working at RAF Brize Norton, we are a Gold Award Armed Forces Covenant. We offer a great employment package that includes a competitive salary, 25 days holiday, 6% Employer Matched Contribution Pension, Life Insurance and other flexible Serco benefits i.e. up to 30% off various shopping and exterior leisure facilities, holidays and VIP tickets. We have good transport links to Witney/Oxford, we provide free onsite parking and have an onsite Coffee Shop/Bar and 2 Conveniences Stores. You will also have access to the leisure facilities on station (fees