The International Account Manager plays a key role in the service offering of Valpak's IEC services. The role involves undertaking research into the requirements of environmental compliance legislation overseas, confirming companies' obligations and assisting with their compliance. The International Account Manager manages the accounts and is responsible for ensuring customers' compliance outside of the UK; this includes activities such as liaising with overseas compliance schemes, advising on forecasts and invoices, manipulating, checking and submitting data.
- Handle customer accounts
- First point of contact for phone calls and incoming emails
- Explaining and selling IEC services to prospective clients
- Following up all leads and opportunities and attending sales meetings where necessary
- Develop a good understanding of the requirements placed on organisations so that swift and accurate responses can be provided
- Understand legislation enough to manage companies' compliance on their behalf
- Ensure clients gain a clear understanding of their obligations under various legislation
- Completion of legal documentation, coordinating with various authorities, schemes, and the client
- Understand compliance requirements (often in multiple countries) and build relationships with key contacts
- Ensure diplomacy and professionalism to maximise third party relations
- Maintain up to date knowledge of EU and non-EU regulations
- Excellent organisational skills, and customer service standards
- Competency to multitask, prioritise and manage own workload with limited supervision
- Confident, positive, proactive, enthusiastic nature
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desirable: Educated to Degree level or equivalent
- Full UK Manual Driving Licence
We have a flexible approach to working location but some travel to our Stratford-upon-Avon office will be required, please discuss your requirements with us.
Perks of the job?
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Option to join subsided gym membership.
- Disability income protection.
- Critical illness cover.
- Option to join private medical insurance.
- Option to join bike to work scheme.
- Life assurance.
- Company pension.
- One day per year as a volunteering day, where we encourage staff to spend some time in their working day volunteering in any way they wish or to get involved in a variety of activities listed by the company.
If this sounds like your next challenge, click apply now.
If we receive a high volume of applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please do not hesitate.