Have you done a degree that means you're used to working with large sets of data? Have you got experience of working with customers, maybe in the hospitality sector? This is the perfect skill set to join Valpak as an Account Manager.
Valpak Limited is the UK's leading provider of environmental compliance and data management services, in the UK and internationally. Data Insights has over 300 clients, including strategic accounts, many of which are Key Account Managed. Data Insights is responsible for ensuring the accurate submission of over 15% of the UK's total packaging obligation, as part of a multi-tiered service offering.
The Account Manager role is dual-focused, with some aspects requiring a strongly customer focused outlook and excellent communication skills. While other aspects need a data-focused, problem solving, logical approach. Managing a variety of accounts and being the dedicated point of contact for each, the Account Manager will ensure that regular and appropriate levels of communication are maintained, while identifying areas for increased interaction and service development; in addition to being responsible for ensuring the timely data collection, and accurate data submission for each account.
The Account Manager should be a highly motivated, pro-active individual who is able to take responsibility for their own work load while maintaining a collaborative approach within a busy, operationally focused team. The role is suited to those with experience in customer service and who have a keen interest in numeric reasoning, client interaction, and knowledge gathering.
- Manage a portfolio of accounts covering all Producer responsibility legislation (Packaging, WEEE and Batteries) across a multi-tiered service offering
- Timely and Accurate Submissions
- Ensure all submissions deadlines are planned and met
- Independent resource planning
- Responsible for compiling accurate data submissions in order to meet customers' legal obligations
- Ensuring that data submitted to the relevant authorities complies with legal requirements and regulations
- Attend and conduct audits of client's data collection methods and submissions
- Provide bespoke training and support to clients
- Build a strong working relationship with the account
- Ensure that a regular and appropriate level of communication with the account occurs
- Identify areas for increased interaction and service development
- Provide excellent customer service at all times Understand the requirements of their accounts and the industries they operate within Work with all of the Data Insights team to develop service offering
- Support the Data Insights department in growth goals
- Help to facilitate ongoing training
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A customer focused approach
- Ability to quickly take on large quantities of technical information
- Highly IT literate
- Solution orientated problem-solving ability
- Collaborative working style
- Excellent planning, scheduling and organization skills
- Full, clean, manual UK driving licence.
We have a flexible approach to working location but some travel to our Stratford-upon-Avon office will be required, please discuss your requirements with us.
What benefits will I receive?
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Option to join subsided gym membership.
- Disability income protection.
- Critical illness cover.
- Option to join private medical insurance.
- Option to join bike to work scheme.
- Life assurance.
- Company pension.
- One day per year as a volunteering day, where we encourage staff to spend some time in their working day volunteering in any way they wish or to get involved in a variety of activities listed by the company.