BlairWest are delighted to be exclusively supporting a rapidly growing and PE-backed Financial Services organisation, in their efforts to appoint a Finance Assistant to their operational finance team. This is based in Newburn, Western Newcastle.
In this role, you will bring enthusiasm to join a fast-paced work environment, with a passion to get to grips with the transactional side of a finance role. Your primary function will be processing of invoices, payments and reconciliations at large volume and value. This role is a hybrid working set up, and also comes with AAT study support.
* Daily banking
* Various extensive reconciliations
* Processing multimillion payments
* Interfacing with colleagues and partners from around the business
* Providing support to the wider Finance Team when requested
* Completing GABRIEL returns on behalf of financial advisers to the FCA
* Monitoring the financial platform daily
* Prior experience in a fast-paced environment.
* Level 3 AAT qualification preferable.
* Versatility - ability to work as a team as well as be independently responsible.
* Organised - ability to manage own workload as this can be changeable, so must know how to prioritise high profile tasks.
* Problem Solver - Use initiative to overcome obstacles, and while you may not always know everything, must be comfortable seeking guidance when unsure