Year-End | Accountant | Financial
Your duties will include:
- Financial reporting and analysis, including preparation of monthly Management Accounts, P&L review, and Balance Sheet for Year End.
- Detailed P&L analysis, including Payroll reconciliation Commission and accrual ad hoc tasks as required.
- Fixed Assets - including review and creation of an asset register.
- Prepayments and accruals - as required Month end reconciliations and bank reconciliations
- Posting & ensuring accurate upload of Year-End Journal entries, including assist with month end activities.
- Ensuring quality control of financial transactions & reporting, and maintaining relationships with external Auditors.
- Answer audit queries on the financial statements and related notes
- Be heavily involved in and responsible for the delivery of year end reporting and audit requirements, including technical accounting support.
- Supporting other team members and clearing backlog or any work for the finance team.
- Assist with the production of statutory annual report and accounts, returns in respect of the Group Accounts for the sponsoring department and budget process for the organisation.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Part or Fully Qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA /CIPFA
- Previous experience of working and supporting Year End processes
- Experience of government accounting/government accounts.
- Have strong knowledge of accounting systems, ideally SAP Financial System.
- Proficient in excel with strong communication and analytical skills
- Have experience working in financial projects and integrating quickly into a finance team.
- Self-starter who can come in & hit the ground running with minimal supervision
- Willing to commit to a contract duration 3-6 months.
- It requires the ability to work at significant pace as well as prioritise and hit extremely tight deadlines. A proactive mindset and strong attention to detail will be key.
- Applicants must be immediately available or able to interview at short notice.
A professional finance qualification or equivalent in a related field (CCAB, CIPFA, ACA, ACCA, and CIMA) is required but willing to consider candidates who are studying at Strategic level with relevant finance experience.
If you are interested and would like to see a full job description, please apply with an up to date CV.
If you are already in a contract, please feel free to recommend any colleagues/ friends who may be interested.