Basic Salary: £27,000 - £32,000
Permanent Full Time Position, Sunderland
Benefits: Quarterly Incentive, Sick Pay, Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions, Generous Life Assurance Scheme, Private Healthcare Scheme, 31 days holiday
We are looking for an experienced Buyer to join our Sunderland Procurement and Supply Chain team to source and procure a range of equipment and materials.
• Hours of work are 35 hours per week Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
• Responsible for the efficient, timely and economic sourcing, purchasing and delivery of a range of new and
remanufactured capital equipment and consumable products and the supporting services.
• Ensuring optimisation of company assets, to fully and continually satisfy customers' and end users'
• Maintaining suitable economic inventory levels.
• Ensuring the efficient and uninterrupted supply of these products and services by primarily utilising company
assets and secondly by procuring from approved suppliers and service providers.
• Ensuring there are clear communications with suppliers, customers and operations teams.
• You will have a proven track record of achieving results, preferably in a supply chain or procurement
• You will have excellent communication skills and a strong focus on customer satisfaction.
• You will ideally have detailed knowledge of the procurement process and be able to demonstrate good negotiating and influencing skills.
• Some travel to suppliers will be required, so a full driving licence allowing for you to drive in the UK without restriction, would be advantageous.
• Experience with MRP controlled production environments would be desirable as would a professional qualification in a relevant discipline, preferably Charted Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS).
Thank you for your application. If you have any questions, please contact me using /