Study Programme Teacher
Job type - Permanent, Full Time
Salary - £20,710 - £26,560 per annum, depending on QualificationHours - 35 (plus 5 hours paid lunch breaks)Location- Carlisle
We are a national social justice charity with more than 50 years' experience of changing lives, building stronger communities and reducing crime. Last year alone we helped support, house, educate, advise and speak out for 38,000 disadvantaged young people and adults - and you could now help us make an even bigger impact going forward. We educate, nurture and transform lives - would you like to join an outstanding team of professionals who make a positive impact on society? We achieve this by offering a range of vocational and academic learning routes to create independent, socially inclusive and economically active citizens to lead meaningful and prosperous lives.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within one of our Education Centres. We are in search of a Study Programme Teacher to join our team in Carlisle on a Permanent basis.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Planning, delivery and course management the Employability, Enrichment and Pastoral curriculum as part the Study Programme within the centre, developing and sharing best practice across Nacro education
· Work with local stakeholders and employers to create sector specific activities to meet the needs and interests of the learners which will help inspire them and provide them opportunities to move into the world of work.
· Deliver outstanding teaching and learning on Nacro's programmes to a wide range of learners including predominantly those learners on Study Programme's
· Conduct initial assessments for all learners enrolled onto Nacro Education programmes ensuring the needs of learners are met and learners are enrolled onto the correct programme of study to support achievement and progression and build on prior attainment
· Assist in the delivery of all accredited and non-accredited qualifications and support the practical and theoretical elements of the courses offered through the Study Programme
Who we are looking for?
· Level 2 English and Maths
· Teaching qualification DET equivalent or working towards or above
· Industry experience/exposure
· IQA/Assessor qualification Desirable
Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications held.
A DBS check will be required for this role.
Dovetail and Slate is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, applicants and clients to share this commitment.
This role may involve work with under 18's or vulnerable adults. Any appointment will be made subject to strict vetting and screening checks and receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check. Dovetail and Slate ltd acts as an Employment Agency (perm) and an Employment Business (temp/contract).