A Project Manager job is now available in Bristol. You will join a successful practice of 50 and will work within a team of ten covering design, supply and installation. Previous experience as a project manager is essential.
A leading interior design company operating across the UK and working on projects varying from show homes and historic houses through to hotels and offices. Due to the nature of the work and not being '9-5' the successful candidate will be paid an hourly rate and paid for all hours worked. The salary will be based on an expected 37.5 hr week.
Role & Responsibilities
- Liaising with the sales department and senior designers to receive and accurately interpret client project briefs
- Budget allocation and project planning
- Designing schemes
- Mounting designed schemes for presentation and preparing costing and process documentation
- Setting and managing timelines for the preparation of presentations
- Space planning and detail specifying/product specification
- FF&E procurement ensuring that purchases are within budget and timeframe
- Seeking opportunities for cost control by, for example, reusing previous schemes, use of stock, shared transport, opportunity pricing
- Ensuring that client is fully aware of contract prices and terms
- Ensuring deposit invoices are raised and paid
- Managing lead times for suppliers and contractors (removers, electricians, decorators, etc)
- Planning and diarising significant dates and personnel
- Keeping the client informed and confident in the company's work through regular liaison
- Monitoring project progress and managing installations on site
- Ensuring client satisfaction by on-site sign-off where possible and subsequent liaison
- Maintaining and developing relationships with clients
- Attending sales events or client events when needed.
Required Skills & Experience
- Previous project management experience in the interiors industry
- Understanding of design and visual presentation
- Commercial awareness with a businesslike approach
- Experience working on all budget aspects including costings, margins and pricing
- Good interpersonal skills
- Confident and assertive when presenting/communicating with clients
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Photoshop and InDesign
- Confident knowledge of all induction items including fire procedure, health safety and welfare
- Ability to communicate well with colleagues and external contacts
- Driving license.
What you get back
- £15 - £18 per hour, based on skills/experience. Overtime paid at same rate
- Half yearly bonus, based upon reaching sales target and profitability - up to 10% of all earnings
- Flexible working with an option to work from home
- 21 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays and an extra day's holiday after 1, 2 and 3 completed years employment
- Company sickness pay provision in place
- Pension plan.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We'll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we'll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they've successfully completed the probation period.
Project Manager Job in Bristol - Your Interior Design Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Gaby Montero Job Ref: 12660)