JA1040 - Site ElectricianLocation - Culham, OxfordshireSalary - Up to £37,500K DOEHours of works - 08:00 - 16:30, Monday to Friday with a half hour lunch break. There will be the opportunity of overtime at an enhanced rate.Overview:
We are currently recruiting in partnership with our UK client to recruit Site Electrician to work on their client's site. The successful candidate must have 5 years UK checkable work history and be able to gain DBS vetting. The role requires the successful candidate to have a minimum of 3 years' experience of working in an industrial/commercial environment as an electrician covering panel work and fault finding and rectification.The electrician is part of a multi disciplined Reactive and PPM Team and provide Electrically Biased support on a large multi building, multi tenanted research and development site. The Electricians role will be to carry out planned preventative maintenance or respond to a multitude of electrical faults as part of the infrastructure to ensure regulatory compliance and continued operation of site equipment.Key Responsibilities:
Skills and Experience:Essential
- Provide a key role as part of an effective team delivering Planned and Reactive Services across the clients' site.
- Participating in the service delivery on site and enhancing the customer experience, ensuring that they are the centre of what the Company Deliver.
- Promote a health and safety culture across the contract, liaising with other team members and sub-contractors to ensure that company standards are adhered to.
- Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Carrying out routine Maintenance to site Electrical and Facilities Equipment within a set schedule. Ensuring engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of the Plant and associated electrical systems.
- Carrying out Electrical Installations including Testing and Certification
- Carry out 5 Year Fixed Electrical Testing as required
- Complete test and Inspection Certificates in line with Client and Company requirements
- Supporting the wider team in other areas where required related to customer requirements.
- Respond in a prompt and effective manner to all electrically related reactive maintenance issues and help desk requests.
- Electrical fault diagnosis associated with the PPM or Reactive maintenance of the site.
- Keeping the CAFM system updated with works carried out.
- Ensuring onsite Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to in all respects and to maintain accurate records/documentation associated the electrical aspects of the PPM and plant.
- Work with specialist sub-contractors associated with electrical aspects of the PPM schedules.
- Liaising with the relevant managers daily to confirm all works are going to plan and no delays.
- Provide technical feedback in relation to work and equipment as required.
- Complete ADHOC tasks as requested by line manager.
- Adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) requirements, Company ES20 Rule, along with SITE Specific Rules & Regulations
- City & Guilds Electrical Installation Level 3 2330 / 2360 OR Equivalent.
- City & Guilds 18th Edition BS7671
- Must have at least 3 years' experience working as a qualified Electrician.
- Must have at least 3 years' experience working within an Industrial/Commercial environment.
- Good understanding of health and safety requirements within a building environment
- Must have a good understanding of Installation methods and selection of equipment required in Industrial premises.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings.
- Experience of working within a customer focused environment.
- You will need to possess excellent communication skills and a flair for great service and leading by example.
- Strong administration skills be well organised with the ability to process data quickly and accurately and support team members.
- Proficient in the installation of electrical trunking systems, conduit and cable tray within commercial and industrial environments.
- Flexible approach to work and working hours outside of contracted hours.
- Ability to work independently.
- City & Guilds 2391 Inspection & Testing OR Equivalent
- ECS / CSCS Card advantageous.
- IPAF 3A & 3B - Advantageous