I am currently Recruiting multiple section engineers for a highways scheme in Newquay.
The Section Engineer will report to the respective Section Manager and be responsible for planning, programming and co-ordinating works associated with the main office compound, this may include certain aspects of setting out on-site. The Section Engineer will also undertake works associated with the drainage section for the highways Project, this will include reviewing drawings / buildability / specification / programme / materials / site surveys of existing drainage / etc.
The Section Engineer's tasks will include, but not limited to,
· Planning the layout of the main office compound which will include the office layout / car parking / pedestrian routes / storage area's / drainage runs / ducting layout / service routes etc.
· Take off / schedule of materials required for the works.
· Preparation of RAMS for undertaking the construction works.
· Liaison with the site team in respect of plant / labour / material requirements
· Work as part of a team and assist all team members as & when required. However, be able to undertake site duties individually or seek assistance where necessary.
· Complete a daily diary of works being undertaken on-site with accurate & comprehensive details.
· Complete check sheet's for quality standards, in accordance with ITP's.
· Assist or undertake safety inspections & workplace inspections.
· Raise & issue permits as required.
· Undertake CAT & Genny surveys prior to excavation works commencing.
· Attend site meetings in relation to programme / safety / working areas.
· Good communication skills with team / sub-contractors / general public / Client
· Be able to undertake site survey and produce sketches of survey work / construction sequences
Training / Competency Requirements:
· CSCS card relevant to appointment
· SSSTS or SMSTS certification
· Minimum 5 year's experience in civil engineering industry
· CAT & Genny trained (optional)
· 1st Aid (optional)
· Safety Critical Medical (optional)
· Laptop (optional)
· AutoCAD (optional)