University Hospital Hairmyres, East Kilbride
Royal Voluntary Service hospital cafés, shops and trolleys are part of the fabric of the NHS and a real asset in their own right. Staffed by employees and volunteers, we provide an outstanding range of beverages and healthy food choices. Our customers love the fact that the money they spend with us pays for volunteer action in hospitals and the community.
Working alongside a friendly team, you will aid in the management of our shop in University Hospital Hairmyres.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Participating in the day to day running of the retail outlet to ensure the delivery of exceptional store standards
- Providing friendly, helpful and efficient customer service at all times
- Operating the till and undertaking cash reconciliation
- Complying with statutory standards policies and procedures, e.g. Health and Safety, Food Hygiene, Data Protection, and financial controls
- Providing coaching, mentoring and training to your team
- Helping with the recruitment of volunteers and employees
This is a permanent, full-time role working 35 hours per week.
Our retail sites can be open from 8am - 6pm Monday - Friday and 10am - 5pm Saturday and Sunday. There may also be opportunities for paid overtime in busy periods or to cover absences.
What you'll need
Working in a hospital requires a special kind of customer service. Your ability to communicate with a variety of people in a friendly and cheerful way will make a real difference to someone's day. The key is to adapt your approach to each person to ensure their needs are met.
- Experience at management level within a similar retail environment
- Knowledge of EPOS systems
- Knowledge and experience of retail administrative processes
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven leadership and people management and/or motivational skills
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- The ability to proficiently use standard IT systems such as Microsoft Office, email and the Internet to a basic level
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
A full, valid driving licence would be beneficial to your application.
What you get in return
We're proud to be in the top 25 not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK, based on ratings from Indeed. As a valued employee at Royal Voluntary Service, you will benefit from:
- A salary of £18,250.05 per annum
- 25 days' holiday plus paid statutory Bank Holidays
- Six weeks company sick pay
- A great pension scheme
- Enhanced Family Leave schemes
- An employee benefits package that gives access to an exclusive rewards website to get discounts and cashback online
- A 24 hour doctor line, financial support with dental/optical and other therapies
- A free and confidential employee assistance programme with up to six face-to-face sessions counselling included
- Extensive online and on the job training to ensure you will succeed in your role
- Opportunities to discuss flexible working
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The chance to make a positive, lasting impact that changes lives, communities and society
How to apply
Please select the apply button shown to be taken through to the application process. You will need to answer some screening questions as well as upload your CV. You will be contacted by a member of the team once your application has been reviewed.
Here at Royal Voluntary Service, we're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to be a charity that's representative of the communities we serve, which is why we strive for diversity of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective.
Join Royal Voluntary Service and together we can change lives, change communities and change society.
Dates to bear in mind
The closing date for this role is 6th June 2022. However, we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Deputy Retail Manager, Assistant Retail Manager, Shop Supervisor, Store Supervisor, Senior Retail Assistant, or Senior Retail Advisor