Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Job Description Senior Manager, Corporate Security - ACE Region Stockley Park
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Reporting to the Exec Director of Corporate Security (Foster City, US), this role provides Corporate Security leadership and expertise to support the SVP's, VP's, and GM's in the ACE, ICR, and Asia Commercial Operations region. This position is located in Gilead's ACE HQ in Stockley Park, UK. The position will be responsible for supporting commercial affiliate offices in Europe, Asia, and Southeast Asia in crisis management, event security, and equipment installation. Knowledge
- Ability to work independently while reporting to Foster City management.
- Knowledge and experience managing a global crisis management program.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in current security regulations.
- Experience in event security management.
- Experience in monitoring budgets and expenditures.
- Knowledge of building security features and implementation.
- Manage the Corporate Crisis Management Program for Local Crisis Management Teams (LCMTs) within area of responsibility, ensuring teams adhere to yearly LCM plan maintenance process.
- Provide leadership and support SVPs, VP's and GM's in achieving security-related business objectives.
- Provide experienced guidance to sites and work with event managers on security assessments for meetings, conferences, and congresses.
- Collaborate with ACE and ICR FM teams to achieve Gilead's business objectives across all countries/regions.
- Work with the broader Corporate Engineering & Facilities (CEF) team with site risk assessments ensuring considerations are brought forward.
- Provide continued support and advice to the business on matters relating to buildings mechanical, electrical and public health services.
- Provide technical advice on new project concepts: promotion of best practices, standards, and overall risk management to the business
- Setting, organising, and prioritising of goals and objectives for the ACE and ICR regions' crisis management program, directly collaborating with site heads and their representatives on continued program implementation.
- Manage regional consultants or vendors related to facility and event operations.
- Ensure SLA's and KPI's are written, where appropriate, and implemented consistently across all regions.
- Manage compliance of Crisis Management program a regional level.
- Manage compliance with company policy for security.
- Manage compliance with local law and regulations.
- Help mitigate risks/security escalations.
- Ensure ED of Corporate Security is informed of all operating risks.
- Member of the Regional Crisis Management Teams and supports regional Local Crisis Management Teams.
- Maintain and manage budget specific to security.
- Advise to the financial impact of any crises or significant events across ACE and ICR regions.
Continuous Improvement Processes (CIP)
- Engage frequently with AD Crisis Management for plan and exercise status'.
- Engage frequently with ED Corporate Security for matters related to CM and Facilities updates.
- Engage regularly with SD FM GMs to understand review updates/changes to existing site and new sites.
- Proactively manage relationships with regional FM peers.
- Identify and assist in developing and implementing procedures and processes; promoting a consistent approach to Security management.
Specific Education & Experience
- Must have experience and understanding of Crisis Management processes, concepts, practices and standards.
- Must have experience in planning for event security and identification of risks.
- Must be able to work on complex problems in a variety of situations in a variety of global locations. Solve problems using considerable and rational judgement, leading to routine and specific recommendations.
- Must be a team player with experience of involvement with Senior Managers and VP's.
- Proficient at collecting, analysing and understanding data/metrics to help in decision making.
- Able to develop schemes, systems and programmes for continuous improvement at all sites.
- Proficient at planning and scheduling own activities to accomplish objectives and goals.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills.
- Effective communicator; experienced and proficient at presenting to various groups of people.
- Relevant experience of managing 3rd parties/suppliers/contracts.
- Relevant University degree.
- Knowledge and experience of working within the Pharmaceutical, or a highly regulated, sector.
- Good English speaking and written communication skills
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
Gilead Core Values INTEGRITY -
- Experience in managing in a GxP environment with and knowledge in Laboratory Operations
Doing What's Right INCLUSION
- Encouraging Diversity TEAMWORK
- Working Together EXCELLENCE
- Being Your Best ACCOUNTABILITY
- Taking Personal Responsibility
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.