Vision for Education are currently recruiting for a dedicated Maths & English Tutor to work with Looked after Children (LAC) on a part-time or full-time basis in Salford.
The successful Maths & English Tutor will be responsible for the educational development of a cohort of LAC and students with an EHCP (Key Stage 1 - Key Stage 4) under your supervision within Salford. Tuition sessions can range from two - five hours per day (within school hours) depending on the student's timetable and capabailities. The successful tutor will work closely with a disengaged young people with SEMH needs and therefore it is essential they have experience of working with children with complex needs.
As a Maths & English Tutor, you will be working on a 1:1 basis, therefore this role will require you to work with students to build positive relationships and help them overcome barriers to learning. Each student's timetable is tailor made for them to accommodate to their needs and interests, however students will be studying core subjects so you will be required to deliver Maths & English up to GCSE level.
As a Maths & English Tutor you will successfully implement teaching and learning strategies based around the student's EHCP and make adjustments to each session where necessary to have a motivating impact on students and maintain focus. You will be required to produce weekly reports of each student's engagement and attainment, record weekly attendance figures, and attend meetings and PEP/LAC reviews. Due to the nature of the role of a Maths & English Tutor, suitable candidates will be comfortable liaising with school contacts to gain schemes of work and report any issues or concerns when necessary.
There are opportunities for the role to become permanent with the school after a qualifying period
To be considered for the Maths & English Tutor position and achieve this salary, you will:
• Must hold a teaching qualification (QTS/QTLS is desired but not essential)
• Have proven experience of instructing or teaching young people is essential
• Have the ability to teach Maths & English
• Be able to work in Salford
• Have a comprehensive understanding of working with young people attributed EHCP's for a Special Educational Needs, with references as evidence
• Have experience of implementing a variety of de-escalation strategies in challenging situations involving young people.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Maths & English Tutor who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Manchester SEND team on (phone number removed).
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.