Charitable Services Manager
We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.Our Customer Operations team is friendly and we love what we do. We are passionate about the high- quality support we provide.We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to people's lives, each and every day.Join our Customer Operations team as a Charitable Services Manager
Housing sits at the heart of our organisation. We believe that everyone deserves a safe, secure, affordable home. Providing care and support to those who need it is an important part of what we do. We work with people experiencing homelessness and who often have other support needs. Our services include hostels, young peoples' accommodation services and support delivered in the community; where we provide tailored support that prepares our customers to achieve independence and re-integrate within the community.We're an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.The role
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Charitable Services Manager.Salary:
£47,000 per annum Location:
Arlington - Hybrid working (Average 3 days in office and 2 at home, but sometimes full week in office if needed) Your responsibilities will include:
What you will need to succeed
- Provide clear direction and inspirational leadership that leads to a highly engaged and motivated team.
- Develop and implement clear strategies to maximise income through fund raising activities and events, grant applications and donations to support all areas of social value activities.
- Maximise occupancy and income from Arlington Conference Centre ensuring the venue is commercially competitive with equipment, facilities and catering maintained to a high standard and delivering excellent customer service.
- Budget management to monitor expenditure, forward investment planning, meeting income targets, identifying overspends and taking corrective action.
- Coordinating and monitoring social value activities across all business directorates so we can make best use of planned activities
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is committed to achieving positive outcomes for all of our customers.The successful candidate will:
- Have knowledge of the Charity and Housing sectors and One Housing's activities.
- Experience of leading and managing staff motivating and inspiring them to succeed.
- Ability to deal effectively with competing demands of competitive commercial business areas.
- Experience of working in a complex, regulatory environment, ideally in charity or social housing
- Experience of managing a commercial conference centre / events venue and facilities management
- Flexibility to work some weekends or unsociable hours
- Good level of IT skills and literacy
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.Salary:
£47,000 per annum Your holidays are important to us
. Take up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays.Lean travel..
Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleaguesLooking forward to your big bucket list trip?
You can buy or sell up to five days annual leave each year. [not for statutory employees]...