*Facilities & Support Services Manager - High Wycombe*
Are you passionate about historic buildings, working with people and delivering great service? Come and join our brilliant leadership team at the Hughenden, West Wycombe and Central Chilterns portfolio.
This is a permanent role, 4 days per week with occasional weekend working (approx 1 weekend per month)
*What it's like to work here*
The Hughenden, West Wycombe and Central Chilterns is large and varied portfolio made up of mansions, gardens and beautiful countryside covering 2820 acres. This role would be based out of estate office at Hughenden Manor on the outskirts of High Wycombe.
Click here for more information about this location
*What you'll be doing*
You'll be working collaboratively as part of the Portfolio's leadership team as well as leading a team of two staff and several volunteers as well as working with other on site and regional colleagues. From managing small projects and contractors on site to support the care of our buildings, presentation and visitor needs, to planning and involvement in wider priorities, no two days are the same. You will be leading on health and safety, fire safety, security and emergency planning.
You'll also be responsible for;
* Managing our premises, equipment, environmental, and compliance systems including data and records management
* Management of maintenance, presentation and cleaning across the portfolio
* Ensure efficient business services including, responses and queries, correspondence and communication with suppliers, supporters, and visitors along with administration for compliance, finance, and procurement.
* Leading on compliance and environmental management
* Deliver planned and preventative maintenance and repairs on our historic buildings and visitor business
*Who we're looking for*
* A flexible, collaborative team leader
* A knowledge of facilities management and health and safety
* Exceptional organisational skills and ability to work collaboratively.
* Comfortable and willing to learn new skills
* Good IT skills
* A customer service approach and good attention to detail
The National Trust has the motto 'For everyone, for ever' at its heart. We're working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It's important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we're for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
Wherever you're from, and whatever your background, we want to hear from you - and it doesn't matter if you're jam first, cream first, or even if you don't like scones at all. Everyone is welcome.
Benefits for working at the National Trust include:
* Flexible working whenever possible
* Free parking at most locations
* Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
* Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.