*Supporter Recruitment Manager (Direct) - Swindon*
We don't want to stop at 5.7 million members! We want everyone to feel welcome and enjoy our places, so we need to reach new audiences in ways that are meaningful and relevant to them without losing the hearts and minds of those that are already with us.
As our Supporter Recruitment Manager (Direct), you'll be responsible for attracting new supporters, and delivering the targets in terms of new supporter (memberships and donors) volumes and financial contribution through our Direct Marketing and Online channels. You'll work in collaboration with internal departments, primarily Communications & Marketing, Digital, and our Insight team.
*What it's like to work here*
The role sits within the Supporter Recruitment Team. You'll have day to day responsibility for the customer experience within, and performance of, our Direct Recruitment channel. Membership subscriptions and regular donations are significant contributors to the Trust's total income. We need this income stream to continue to grow if we are to achieve our strategic objectives.
The Supporter Recruitment team works very closely and in an integrated way with the Central Office Fundraising Team, and in particular colleagues working on Public Fundraising. The Supporter Recruitment Team is results and outcome focused and works with external agency partners, as well as closely alongside Central Office colleagues.
Your contractual location will be our head office in Swindon, however there will be an opportunity to explore and agree remote working arrangements which strike the right balance for you and the Trust. The role will involve travel to our head office to meet with stakeholders and to carry out your work.
*What you'll be doing*
You'll be part of a collaborative, expert group working across departments responsible for dealing with varied day to day issues and finding creative solutions within policy, practice and performance management. Through ongoing work and an annual planning process you'll build and evolve relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners including media and marketing agencies.
*Who we're looking for*
You'll have significant experience of working in a direct marketing management position and experience of working in a customer focused charity or membership-led organisation. Along with;
* Proven experience developing successful supporter recruitment campaigns
* Proven experience running large scale direct marketing campaigns across a variety of media
* Clear strategic thinking and planning
* Knowledge of new product and customer journey development
* Knowledge of how to develop, maintain and communicate effective business plans
* Report writing, external advocacy, networking and persuading with both professional and lay audiences
* Project management skills including planning and monitoring large scale budgets (income and expenditure)
* Experience of data analysis
The National Trust has the motto 'For everyone, for ever' at its heart. We're working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It's important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we're for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
Wherever you're from, and whatever your background, we want to hear from you - and it doesn't matter if you're jam first, cream first, or even if you don't like scones at all. Everyone is welcome.
Benefits for working at the National Trust include:
* Flexible working whenever possible
* Free parking at most locations
* Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
* Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.