Team Leader - Model Based Control Software
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join a world leading automotive company who are always striving to ensure their products are one of the best in the world.
Please see the below responsibilities for a brief overview of the role, if you feel your skillset would be suitable or if you require further information please apply below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Leadership and Management of Control Software team to deliver on time, to cost and quality.
* Continual improvement and support of full lifecycle Control Systems process for use in chassis, powertrain, driveline, suspension, or HMI systems.
* Continually advance design procedures, advise best practice and improve efficiency.
* Technical authority for Model Based Control Software.
* Attend and disseminate seminar / conference information.
* Technical support to working groups and steering committees as appropriate.
* Team appraisals, team objectives, team development, technical and career guidance.
* Team budget, tools, rigs, outsourced studies etc.
* Planning and prioritisation of team activities.
* Review logical architectures, system requirements from the MBSE team, FuSa requirements from the Functional Safety team and through your team convert these to software architectures and software solutions.
* Review software architectures and software solutions.
* Maintain traceability of software units on our MBSE Tools to blocks in the Model Base Software.
* Interface to the test & Validation team to ensure appropriate DVP's and test coverage.
* Interface with suppliers to deliver robust:
* API's to hardware abstraction layers, board support packages etc.
* Suitable operating systems
* Accurate microcontroller loading estimations.
* Memory requirements.
* Deputise for Chief Engineer as necessary.
* To undertake and assist with projects as required by your Manager.
* Any other ad-hoc duties as required by your Manager