*Reporting to:* Operations Manager
*Contract*: Seasonal work available in school holidays (Easter, Summer and half terms).
*Hours:* 8.30am - 5.30pm weekdays. Full season or part season roles available and additional hours available.
*Pay*: £90 - £123 per day (plus 12.07% holiday pay) based on level of experience and qualification. Travel expenses will be paid at 20p per mile.
*Location:* Newbury, Reading and Wokingham
*Summary of Position:*
The role of Climbing Wall Instructor is to deliver a fantastic climbing experience to children aged between 7 and 14 years, whilst ensuring their welfare and safety is always maintained.
You will be responsible for all climbing activities on camp, overseeing the day-to-day operation of the wall, adhering to health and safety requirements and following best practice procedures at all times. As well as leading sessions, all staff must contribute to the high standard of physical, emotional and social care offered by Ultimate Activity Camps.
This role involves travelling between our three sites with climbing walls - St Gabriel's School in Newbury, Reading Blue Coat School in Sonning and Luckley House School in Wokingham. Travel expenses will be paid at 20p per mile for travel between schools.
*Duties and Responsibilities:*
* Prepare and deliver climbing activities for children aged 7-14, focusing on participation, development and enjoyment, working both alone and alongside other staff.
* Perform daily inspections of climbing walls, ropes and PPE.
* Travel between our climbing locations in Newbury, Reading and Wokingham.
* Take a pastoral role, welcoming new children on to camp and liaising with the Camp Manager and/or parents as necessary.
* Supervise and engage with the children outside of activity times.
* Continuously promote the welfare of the children in your care.
* Show high levels of energy, enthusiasm and professionalism, acting as a suitable role model for the children.
* Ensure all policies and procedures on camp are adhered to by yourself and the children in your care, including all health and safety, and safeguarding procedures.
* Live up to the Ultimate Activity Camp promise of 'Inspiring Children Every Day' and behave in a manner that reflects the expectations of the company throughout your employment.
* Other ad-hoc duties (e.g., cleaning, equipment maintenance etc).
* CWI or RCI qualification with at least 6 months of instruction experience following competition of the qualification.
* Experience of delivering climbing instruction to children.
* Able to tailor delivery and structure of a climbing session according to age and ability.
* Fully licensed driver with access to own car and insurance.
* Be enthusiastic, energetic and passionate about developing children through play and activity.
* Good organisation and communication skills. Candidates must be confident in their ability to lead a group of children and not shy away from responsibility.
* A flexible team player, able to adapt to dynamic situations and challenges on camp.
* Someone looking for a challenging but hugely rewarding and enjoyable job in the holidays, looking to further their career in the childcare and coaching industry.
* Experience taking sole charge of a group of children.
* Hold a Paediatric First Aid (12 hour or 6 hour) or First Aid at Work qualification.