*Bushcraft Course Leader*
*Reporting to:* Ultimate Survival Programme Manager
*Contract*: Seasonal work available in the summer school holidays.
*Hours:* 8am - 6pm weekdays. Full season or part season roles available. Where bookings allow, additional 3 hours will be required on Thursday nights during the season when children are invited to stay later on camp for evening activities, for which you will be paid overtime.
*Pay:* £70.30 - £114.99 per day (plus 12.07% holiday pay) based on experience and qualifications.
*Summary of Position:*
The Bushcraft Leader is responsible for the successful delivery of our Ultimate Survival programme, whilst ensuring the welfare and safety of the children on camp is maintained at all times. We are looking for enthusiastic and experienced professionals to help us follow through on our commitment to 'Inspire Children Every Day'.
You will be responsible for managing, motivating and supporting your staff team to create fun and exciting theatre-based outdoor programmes which promote participation, teamwork and skill development. You will ensure successful execution of all policies and procedures, liaising with parents, school representatives and Head Office. As well as leading sessions, staff will contribute to the high standard of physical, emotional, and social care offered by the Ultimate Activity Company.
The position of the Bushcraft Leader is a busy but hugely rewarding and varied role, where the Ultimate Survival experience of parents and children rests on your shoulders.
* Duties and Responsibilities*
* Prepare and deliver activities for children aged 7-14, focusing on participation, skill development and enjoyment.
* Directly manage a team of staff selected for you to ensure they deliver both the quality of care and the standard of activities expected at Ultimate Activity Camps.
* Inspire your staff to deliver quality activities by leading by example with energy and enthusiasm.
* Ensure all policies and procedures on camp are adhered to by yourself, your staff and the children in your care, including all health and safety, and safeguarding procedures. This may include implementing new procedures to ensure camp runs smoothly and remains a safe environment for staff and children.
* Liaise with Head Office with updates, queries any issues that arise throughout the day.
* Act as the point of contact for parents on camp, in person and on the phone, including feeding back any issues that arise throughout the day.
* Act as the point of contact with the Host School, meeting with their representatives to ensure the smooth running of camp.
* Manage all administrative duties on camp, including sign-in and sign-out procedures, registration, staff rotas and changes to the timetable.
* As well as our Ultimate Survival programme, the Ultimate Activity Company encompasses several other multi-activity and specialist programmes. As a Survival Leader you must liaise with the staff teams of these other programmes to ensure the smooth running of the site as a whole.
* Manage any other challenges that come with running a dynamic outdoor holiday camp environment.
* Continuously promote the welfare of the children in your care and ensure the provision of childcare is always of a high quality to meet the needs of individual children from differing backgrounds and stages of development.
* Live up to the Ultimate promise of 'Inspiring Children Every Day' and behave in a manner that reflects the expectations of the company throughout your employment.
* Show high levels of energy, enthusiasm and professionalism, acting as a suitable role model for the children and staff on camp.
* Previous experience within outdoor education, with a specific focus on bushcraft, and significant experience working with children in an outdoor setting.
* A natural leader with management experience, ideally within the outdoor education or holiday camp sectors.
* Hold relevant NGBs or experience in all or some of the following: canoeing, archery, bushcraft or environmental studies.
* Excellent communicator, with strong face-to-face customer service skills. Candidates must be confident in their ability to talk to parents and host school staff.
* Good working knowledge of Ultimate Survival activities.
* Good decision maker, able to quickly assess and make informed judgements.
* Pro-active and conscientious, able to adapt to situations when required.
* Someone looking for a sometimes challenging but hugely rewarding and fun job in the holidays, looking to further their career in the childcare, teaching or coaching industry.
* Hold a Paediatric First Aid (12 hour or 6 hour) or Outdoor First Aid (16 hour) qualification.