Finance Assistant - Bank and Income - Working 35 hours per week with hybrid working option.
Do you have good attention to detail and are a team player? If so, read on to uncover more about this exciting career opportunity to join our progressive organisation with an inclusive culture, where you will have the option for hybrid / flexible working and will benefit from our full support to fulfil your personal development.
North Wales Housing (NWH) is a successful social enterprise providing homes and delivering services to over 2,700 households across North Wales. Development is core to our future visions, and we've committed to over 200 quality new homes by 2023.
Although the organisation is rapidly growing, our vision and values have always been about more than just bricks and mortar. We're a regional market leader in providing housing and services to vulnerable people, and our tenants are at the heart of everything we do.
Our team of around 170 individuals mean a lot to us, too. We're proud to say that we're a Gold Standard Investors in People employer, testament to our desire to care for our colleagues. Our People Strategy focuses on creating an environment where our people are proud to work at a place they want to be, supported to achieve their potential, give their best, and feel valued for their contribution.
The Role - Finance Assistant - Bank and Income
Reporting to the Management Accountant, as the Finance Assistant you will have the responsibility for posting income, bank reconciliation, sales ledger, purchase orders and tenancy refunds. Your duties will include:
* Carrying out daily postings of income received onto our rent accounts database
* Downloading remittances electronically, resolving queries and posting payments
* Processing rental system adjustments and administering the rental refunds
* Managing the rent postings mailbox
* Reconciling the rent suspense account
* Ensuring all bank account income and expenditure is posted and reconciled to deadline and adequate audit trails are in place
* Processing bank invoices and administering Direct Debit and Standing Order payment processing
* Ensuring that any discrepancies of income or banking are resolved
* Processing sales ledger and rechargeable invoices
* Sending out monthly sales ledger statements
* Recording timesheets on a centralised system
* Posting reports onto the accounts software
* Processing purchase orders
* Covering absence within the Finance Assistant Team
* Salary of £20,468
* Permanent contract, working 35 hours per week within Monday and Friday (some flexibility with days worked and start and finish times, to be discussed at interview)
* Hybrid working option, enabling you to combine working from home and at our offices in Llandudno Junction as required
* Minimum of 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Benefits platform with savings on groceries, high-street shopping, new tech, holidays etc.
* Further studies support and career development opportunities
* Employee health assistance scheme
* Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
* Generous contributory pension scheme
Our Requirements - Finance Assistant - Bank and Income
* Courteous and able to pronounce place names accurately in Welsh (Level 1)
* Computer literacy, including use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
* Demonstrable numeracy skills
* Effective planning, organisation and communication skills
* Good attention to detail
* Positive 'can do' attitude and a team player
* Willingness to undertake relevant training
Although not essential, experience working within an accounts department and/or within the Registered Social Landlord sector would be advantageous.
At North Wales Housing we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of service users. You must be willing for a basic DBS disclosure to be undertaken by our organisation.
Closing date: Monday 6th June 2022
By clicking apply on this site, you will automatically be redirected to the North Wales Housing website, where you will be required to complete an online application.
All applications for this Finance Assistant - Bank and Income role are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions