We are currently seeking an Accounts and Administration Assistant
to join a well-established, family-run SME based in Ellesmere Port.
The key purpose of the Accounts and Administration Assistant is to ensure the smooth running of the accounts department, so that debtors and creditors are kept up to date.Key duties and responsibilities...
- Robust debtor control, using a proactive approach to ensure we are paid on time.
- Daily Invoicing to customers and dealing with proformas.
- Appropriately deal with confidential information.
- Processing supplier invoices and sorting through queries and liaising closing with the purchasing department and suppliers to ensure they are sorted in a timely fashion to ensure we pay on time every month.
- Processing supplier payments by the very latest 15th of the month to ensure all suppliers are paid on time.
- Basic bookkeeping and process expenses.
- Keeping an eye on customers' accounts using 'Top Service' (a third party debt agency).
- Undertaking various admin roles, including chasing carriers and ensuring on time delivery.
- Good telephone skills and communication for customer contact, Supplier negotiations and credit control when required
- Answering incoming calls and processing through to the correct person.
- Processing the 'info' inbox and ensure emails are forwarded to the correct person.
- Preparing O&M manuals
- Competent with Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of Accounting Systems (training will be provided on Sage 50)
- Solutions Orientated
- Salary of £22,000
- Free parking on site
- Auto enrolment
- 20 days + 8 bank every year extra day holiday up to 5 years
- Weekly lunches