A-level Law & Criminology TeacherThe successful candidate will also be asked to deliver a subject related enrichment programme and contribute to our highly successful tutorial programme.Salary: Up to £36,672 per annum
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent
Working Hours: 37 hours per week
SGS is an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
What SGS can offer you:
- You will become part of the wider SGS family receiving ongoing support for your personal & professional development, which includes a College Course Contribution Voucher of £250 for all staff, 25% tuition discount for immediate family of SGS employees, and up to 75% fee discounts with University of Gloucestershire
- Academic roles benefit significantly by their access to the Teachers Pension Scheme, with generous employer contributions of over 23%
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 39 days per academic year, (plus bank holidays) and a two-week College closure over the Christmas period, plus 6 annual 'Subject Updating Days' for Academic staff
- A proven commitment to supporting flexible working practices
- Access to 'My Lifestyle' discounted shopping benefits, cycle to work scheme and a Technology Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Free car parking at all campuses
- Free access to the College onsite Gyms
- Access to a wide variety of external health and wellbeing resources
- Subsidised onsite catering services
SGS Sixth Form has an excellent reputation for delivering high-quality teaching, learning and assessment. We pride ourselves on ensuring that all students receive a well-rounded, holistic education that ensures they can progress onto their next stage of learning, whether that be university, an apprenticeship, or the world of work. Our Professional Services Department is growing year on year, and we have nearly 400 enrolments across a range of subjects including Business, Economics and Law.
We are looking for someone who has expertise in delivering A-Level Law (AQA or OCR) but due to growth in learner numbers, could potentially contribute to other subjects including WJEC Criminology; the successful candidate will join a well-established team of professionals, many of whom have worked for the college for five years or more. Ideally, you should have several years experience of teaching Law at AS and A2 and experience of external examining is a significant benefit, as is being a course team leader.
At SGS Sixth, we fully embrace holistic study programmes, and the successful candidate will also be asked to deliver a subject related enrichment programme and contribute to our highly successful tutorial programme. We want our students to be well-rounded, confident, articulate individuals who value skills as much as qualifications.
Applicants for the above post will be joining a successful department with achievement rates in the top 10% of all colleges in the UK. The successful candidate will have an excellent track record in teaching and demonstrate commitment to achieving the best for each student to maintain the high standards within the department. The post requires at least a degree level qualification in a related field, and candidates should hold, or be willing to work towards, a PGCE or qualified teacher status.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To undertake all forms of pedagogic work which may include classroom teaching, tutorial work and associated outreach duties, residential, open and distance learning courses and student placements.
- To ensure the associated organisational and administrative work, preparation and marking is undertaken.
- To provide the appropriate student welfare and academic/non academic counselling responsibilities.
- To support and participate in in-service training and staff development programmes based on assessment of individual and College needs.
Beneficial Skills & Qualifications
- Educated to degree level or equivalent or have substantial relevant subject experience.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Experience working within a HE/FE environment
- You will be required to obtain a Stage 3 full professional qualification (PGCE in post-16 education or equivalent) within 2-4 years of commencing lecturing duties within the College
Please apply online by: Monday 16th May 2022
Expected Interview Date: w/c Monday 23rd May 2022
The successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory DBS Enhanced certificate as a requirement of the job.
Please press apply and we shall send you application details.