I am currenlty looking to recruit x3 CHC Assessors to work within a key client in the North Of England. You will be doing the following :
* Co-ordinating assessment for NHS Funded Nursing Care and Continuing Health Care as close to the service user as feasible.
* To provide clinical commissioning oversight to applications and assessments concerning joint funded packages of care.
* On-going review of service users eligible for CHC, NHS funded care in accordance with National Framework for NHS Funded Care, and Joint funded care packages of care.
* Undertake urgent reviews of service users, where quality and safety concerns have been identified and report in a timely manner.
* To prepare/complete appropriate documentation/tools to enable the level of NHS funding to be determined within the parameters of the National Framework for Continuing Health Care and Funded Nursing Care and Joint Funding arrangements locally.
* To provide assurance with regard to quality of care of individual packages by undertaking reviews as agreed;
* To actively promote communication and partnership working between the statutory, independent and voluntary sectors.
* To communicate relevant information and to provide advice and support on funded nursing/continuing health care to service users and carers.
* To liaise with other health professionals on clinical matters as part of the assessment process.
* To maintain professional confidentiality in all matters relating to patient care.
* To promote understanding of the role and function of the team
* Lead the resolution of Responsible Commissioner disputes with out of area CCG's or other organisations; liaising with legal and Senior CCG leadership when appropriate.
* The description outlines principal areas of responsibility. Details of objectives will be personally agreed with the line manager.
* To support the development of agile working, by updating assessments and uploading data securely, from alternative areas of work other than the operational base.
* Ensure personal access to best practice including up to date research evidence e.g. through NICE, in discharging professional responsibilities.
* The clinical nurse co-ordinator is responsible for coordination of the NHS Continuing Healthcare (CHC) assessment process, from receiving the Checklist and making a clinical decision on the portrayal of the needs and recommendation in the Checklist through to multi-disciplinary team (MDT) assessment of eligibility, including completion of the Decision Support Tool (DST) and reporting the MDT recommendation to the CCG.
* The post holder will play a key role in supporting the Continuing Healthcare service across BSOL. Working within the remit of the National Framework for Continuing Healthcare, the post holder will deliver an effective and competent level of service, consistently client focused.
* The post holder will assist and support in the facilitation of multi-disciplinary assessments and patient reviews in line with standard operating policy and procedures and ensuring The National Framework for NHS Continuing Healthcare and Funded-Nursing Care is implemented and complied with, according to the principles and processes.
* Care should be taken to ensure appropriate liaison between the clinical co-ordinator function and those verifying the decision on eligibility for CHC