The Business & Opportunity:
Fantastic opportunity to join an established and reputable housing association who provide quality and affordable homes for single people, older people and shared ownership across North Leeds. They now require a Finance Manager to lead a small team responsible for running the financial ledgers, producing Management Accounts and providing meaningful information to Senior Managers and the Board of Trustees. This is for a minumum 3 Month contract, with the option of it becoming permanent should you wish.
Reporting to the Director of Finance & Resources, you will provide and maintain effective financial management information for the purpose of managerial control and Board reporting, taking responsibility for the operational management of the finance team tasked with the provision of monthly, and statutory accounting, cashflows, budgets, payroll, pensions, all tax, internal and external audits, service charges, and annual rent uplifts.
Specifically, this will include:
* Production of timely and accurate monthly management accounts, investigating variances between actual costs and budgets and providing commentary to the accounts accordingly.
* Preparation of annual budgets and forecasts.
* Run monthly payroll.
* Overview of rents and service charges.
* Oversee and assist the Association's auditors.
* The monitoring and controlling cash flow and update rolling cashflow forecasts.
* Overview sales ledger and the rent accounting system to ensure accurate invoices and rent accounts. Participate in and facilitate initiatives to increase income to the Association.
* Calculation and submission of VAT returns.
* Liaise with the Management Team and provide information and assistance as required.
* Liaise with the bank, pensions advisers, Inland Revenue, suppliers as required.
* With input from managers and staff as appropriate, devise and implement financial policies and procedures as required.
* Provide financial support to managers to empower them to achieve financial targets.
Ideal Skills & Experience:
* Either qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, ACMA, CCAB) OR Qualified By Experience (QBE).
* Experience of leading and managing a finance team covering all aspects of transactional and reporting framework.
* Competent with Excel and IT literate;
* Culturally fit in with a friendly and supportive SME environment;
* Whilst experience from the housing sector will prove advantageous, it's certainly not a pre-requisite. A closely related industry would be useful, e.g. property, charity or service sector;
What's on Offer:
* A salary in the region of £35,000-£40,000, or up to £25 per hour
* Extremely generous holiday allocation!
* Flexitime, hybrid and working from home options (2 days per week)
* Modern, welcoming and friendly office environment.
* Free, on-site parking at their North Leeds premises.
* Interviews are to be conducted imminently, hence you are advised to apply at your earliest convenience