Programme Administrator x2 - £15.66ph Plus Hol Pay - Central London
DURATION: 2 months
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
You will support the administration of learning and teaching on Undergraduate and/or Postgraduate Taught programmes at the university department. You will deliver a high-quality administrative service to students, colleagues and partners working in collaboration with academic and professional colleagues across the Faculty.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Providing efficient administrative support for all aspects of the programme(s) including planning, timetabling, registration, exam boards, organisation of face-to-face and online learning, and the day-to-day running of teaching and learning activities.
* Acting as a key contact point and providing clear advice, guidance and information to students, potential students, colleagues, and external stakeholders. Liaising with other departments and external groups.
* Developing, maintaining and reviewing effective computer-based information and filing systems.
* Drafting high-quality correspondence and e-communication and assisting with the preparation of management information and reports, setting up spreadsheets and presentation materials for internal colleagues and external bodies.
* Contributing to the continuous monitoring of programme standards and administration and provide support for accreditation and quality assurance processes.
* Assisting with induction, support and mentoring arrangements for new staff and the ongoing line management and/or supervision of staff as required.
* Taking a lead on specific projects, activities and initiatives from time to time, to develop and improve processes and procedures.
* Basic programme-related financial administration i.e. processing student expenses, raising purchase orders or organising related invoice approval.
* Providing support for other programmes on occasion, including providing cover for colleagues and undertaking other duties commensurate with the level of this role as may reasonably be requested.
* Experience of working in a busy office environment.
* Experience of working in Higher Education.
* Excellent administration skills.
* Experience of developing, maintaining, reviewing and improving administrative, management and information systems.
* Experience of financial administration.
* Knowledge of issues relating to Higher Education.
* Experience of maintaining a virtual learning environment, intranet or webpage.
* Excellent IT skills and particular strength in MS Office (including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint), using databases and video conferencing tools.
* Excellent record keeping skills and the ability to collate, analyse, interpret and disseminate high quality data appropriately.
* Efficient time management skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills