As part of our team of Technicians or Engineers you would deliver a comprehensive EMC testing service for new and innovative technology and devices from a wide range of industries.
After a period of training, you would take ownership of the set up and completion of EMC test projects and the accurate delivery of results to customers. Check out the main duties and responsibilities below.
Do I need experience?
Are you new to product testing? Don't worry! TUV SUD will offer the successful candidate all the necessary training. This is a great opportunity to join a global, well respected organisation and develop your technical skills, building a great career in engineering. We would love to talk with you if you are:
* Educated to Level 3 in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or able to demonstrate relevant practical engineering experience
* Self-driven with an enthusiastic approach and willingness to continue to learn/develop technical skills
* Comfortable dealing with customers at all levels with good written and verbal communication skills
* Flexible and willing to work off-site or conduct shift work, where required
* Computer literate with good IT skills
What's it like to work for TÜV SÜD?
TÜV SÜD in the UK offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes a minimum of 33 days holiday entitlement (for full-time employees, including public holidays), a contributory Group Personal Pension Plan and a non-contributory Group Life Assurance Scheme. We also offer various Salary Exchange/Sacrifice schemes (buying/selling holiday, cycle to work scheme, pensions), incentive schemes and comprehensive wellbeing support (Employee Assistance Programme, Dental Scheme and Occupational Health services). We also have free parking, a gym and a subsidised restaurant at our Octagon House site!
What are the Main Duties and Responsibilities of the role?
* Work closely with customers, Engineers and Project Managers to provide EMC testing in both screened enclosure and in-situ environments.
* Provide support to customers in advance of, or during, the test programme, particularly communicating issues during any failure phase of their test programme.
* Test procedure generation including provision of photos and measurement uncertainty calculations.
* Accurate recording of test results using electronic logbook systems and production of test reports, following company quality procedures.
* Contribute to test equipment / method development and evaluation.
* Offer assistance to the sales team with the provision of technical information to enable quote generation.
The role includes permanent shift working with a rotating working pattern, as detailed below (all shifts with a 30-minute break):
Week 1: Monday to Thursday: 16:30 to 00:30, Friday: 16:30 to midnight
Week 2: Monday to Thursday: midnight to 08:00, Friday: midnight to 07:30