Job Title: Quality Assurance Engineer
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000
Reach Resourcing are working exclusively with one of the city's leading manufacturers in the leisure and modular industry producing a range of products to recruit an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer.
The purpose of the role is to support the Quality Assurance Engineer in a structured and analytical approach to the supply of materials at various areas of the site, in terms of quality assurance. Ensure internal process is always followed on the return of rejected products back to suppliers liaising with Finance in relation to product returns and all relevant paperwork.
* To ensure Supplier Returns Agreements are developed and approved with key suppliers, to aid in the flow of information across businesses.
* To ensure that costs incurred/associated with supplier quality failures, are recovered from the suppliers (In conjunction with the Purchasing Function).
* To develop and introduce Systems and/or Procedures, which will facilitate Continuous Improvements within the functional processes of the SQA Department.
* To support the Purchasing Department to ensure that all identified new parts/components are approved via the SIR (Sample Inspection Report) Process, prior to New Product Introduction.
* To effectively analyse, assess and report on supplier defects and to report and update progress/responses on raised supplier quality issues via the SCAR (Supplier Corrective Action Request) in a timely manner.
* Responsible for supporting the SQA department across all aspects of the business
Experience & Skills:
* Good, thorough understanding of current BS EN ISO 9001 specification requirements
* Awareness in the application of 'Best Practice' Techniques - FMEA, SPC/Capability Studies, Total Quality/Kaizen Tools, PFMEA, Gage R&R, Poka Yoke, RCA
* Able to interpret and describe information from Engineering Drawings
* Good, Clear Communication Skills
* Good Product Knowledge
* Supply Chain Process awareness
* I.T. Literate - Microsoft Office Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
* Good Awareness of Databases to understand the manipulation of quality data (%, SCAR)
To apply by following the directions on the website, alternatively for more information please call Leon Sewell at Reach Resourcing.
Reach Resourcing recruit for Temporary, Temp-to-Perm and Permanent opportunities working Industrial, Manufacturing, Engineering, Construction, Production and Modular sectors throughout the region. If this role is not suitable for you, we would be happy to have an informal discussion regarding any future opportunities.
While we will endeavour to respond to every applicant personally, on occasion this is not always possible, therefore, if you have not heard back from us within 14 days of applying, you have been unsuccessful