We're born and bred in Glasgow. Our business was founded on the Clyde back in 1864, and we're still here today. We are proud to roast exceptional coffee for thousands of cafés and hospitality businesses across the UK & Ireland.
Our workforce has grown to over 200 to support our expanding customer base, product range and service offering. We count some of the industry's leading talents among our staff, from green coffee buyers and roasting technicians, to barista trainers and field engineers.
Do you want to join our team of top talent in an exciting and industry-leading organisation? Read on!
Position: Marketing Executive
Location: Glasgow, Head Office - Mobile Working Policy applies
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Salary: £24,000 plus annual bonus
Benefits: 28 days annual leave increasing with length of service + 4 public holidays, medical cash-back programme, staff discounts and more!
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Matthew Algie to apply for the position of Senior E-Commerce Executive with Matthew Algie on a full-time permanent basis. In your new role, you will manage the e-commerce websites and generate revenue in line with annual targets
• Strive to continually improve sales opportunities and user experiences on our web shops
• Ensure web shop content and product listings are maintained, up to date, and optimised
• Develop our online brands with new photography, videography and graphic design as needed and within budget
• Manage stock availability online
• Help secure best possible results from Google adverts and other digital advertising spend - whether directly or through agencies
• Report weekly on top-line sales performance and monthly on detailed analytics with recommendations
• Assist customer services with technical website queries and ensure other departments are well-versed in web shop support needs as they evolve
Social Media Planning and Implementation
• Co-development of brand-specific social media plan/plans and KPIs (including sales conversion growth)
• Day to day implementation of plans - including content creation and response handling
• Ongoing review, analysis and refinement of social media tactics & best practice
E-mail Marketing Planning & Administration
• Development of brand-specific email marketing plan/plans and KPIS (including sales conversion growth)
• Segmented and customised email implementation (GDPR & Policy compliant)
• Leverage email automation opportunities (incomplete purchases etc)
• Ongoing Review, Analysis and refinement
To be considered for this position it is essential that you have a degree or work-based experience to an equivalent level within Marketing, Digital Marketing or similar. You will have previous experience in an ecommerce role including working knowledge of Shopify or similar, running a web shop end-to-end, digital advertising management, digital copy writing, content generation and using marketing platforms such as Mailchimp.
• Passionate about e-commerce and target driven
• An eye for detail - both technically and aesthetically
• Confident and comfortable working individually or as part of a team
• Happy to both work independently and take some direction
• Positive and proactive - embraces a challenge
• Able to multitask and work to multiple deadlines
• Embraces continual learning and development
• Ideally: Interested in coffee / gastronomy / foodservice industry
• Continuous improvement attitude
If this sounds like you, then you could be the right fit for us! Please click APPLY, upload your CV and we'll be in touch as soon as we can.
Thanks, from the Team @ Matthew Algie
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We aim to create a working environment in which all individuals are able to make best use of their skills, free from discrimination or harassment, and in which all decisions are based on merit.
Our selection for recruitment does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation or gender reassignment status (protected characteristics).
Your experience may include: marketing executive, assistant marketing advise, assistant marketing advisor, assistant marketing agent, assistant marketing co ordinator, assistant marketing co-ordinator, assistant marketing coordinator, assistant marketing executive, assistant marketing professional, assistant marketing representative, campaign analyst, campaign executive, campaign marketer, graduate marketing adviser, graduate marketing advisor, marketing adviser, marketing advisor, marketing agent, marketing analyst, marketing assistant, marketing co ordinator, marketing co-ordinator, marketing consultant, marketing coordinator, marketing exec, marketing officer, marketing professional, marketing representative
Ref: (Apply online only)