Job Title: IT Support Analyst
Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum + excellent benefits
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Optima Health are a UK market leader in the provision of Occupational Healthcare and wellbeing services. Our aim is to improve the health and wellbeing of the UK workforce by supporting healthy high performance in our client organisations, helping them to achieve their full potential through their people.
We deliver comprehensive services, including absence management, fitness for task assessments, health surveillance, vocational rehabilitation, and wellness programmes, as well as a full range of diagnostics and treatments
We are a forward-thinking, rapidly growing organisation who are keen to invest in people and support them to ensure their long-term career progression. We are a company who are going places and we want you to come with us!
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, the IT Support Analyst is responsible for providing support to the Optima business, complimenting the managed services provided by our infrastructure partners. This will include managing the IT estate by updating key systems and proactively monitoring their operational status. The role will also provide feet on the ground and hands on support in end user locations, acting as technical interface between the user and our third party suppliers. The role will require travel to remote offices and sites to provide a break fix service or manage hardware.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide IT support to the Optima business using the IT support queue
• Co-ordinate projects such as desktop refresh's, OS Upgrades, networking equipment replacements, printer replacements etc.
• Monitor the server / network estate in data-centres and remote locations.
• Work with third party suppliers to resolve incidents.
• Update IT systems to ensure system security - e.g. applying windows patches, security policies
• Assist the business in office moves and site relocations
• IT support involving travel to remote locations (Taunton, Redditch, Glasgow, Birmingham etc)
• Co-ordinate the management of requests for support from the internal user base and our third parties, updating third party systems and registers, liaising with third party helpdesks.
• Maintain an accurate inventory of hardware and software assets including applicable licences for business systems.
• Support audit and accreditation activities.
• Identify opportunities for cost saving.
• Configuration and exploitation of Sharepoint and other Office 365 components
• Supporting and maintaining SQL Database Applications and Finance Systems
Experience, skills and knowledge required for the role
* Good knowledge of Active Directory, Azure AD and IT security
* Good knowledge of SQL - database, backups and basic tuning
* Good knowledge of LAN networking deployments, WiFI and troubleshooting
* Good knowledge of WAN networking deployments, Firewalls and troubleshooting
* Good knowledge of MS Exchange Online and mail protocols
* Good knowledge of Office 365, Microsoft 365 (including a good range of their components) and deployment
* Experience of installing and maintaining server hardware - Web / Application and File servers in a virtual environment.
* Understanding of SAN / NAS deployments
* Experience of Microsoft Applications - SQL, SharePoint, Power Automate, Power BI etc
* Be competent in writing PowerShell scripts, specifically for AD & Azure AD
* Experience of Helpdesk systems
* Experienced in supporting remote workers
* Good communication skills, verbal and written.
* Well organised and disciplined, with attention to detail
* Be able to run small projects
* Can work on tasks with limited supervision
Optima Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief or sexual orientation