Res:Harmonics is a cloud-based property management software company operating in the UK and internationally, supplying the serviced apartments, private rental & holiday rental provider markets with a software platform proven to increase revenue and enhance efficiency to grow. We are looking to hire a Java developer to work on our core Java application, working with Java, Spring Boot. The developer will work within a team of engineers to help develop our SAAS platform for the property industry. Your role involves building Java applications and front-ends, and this includes anything between complex groups of back-end services and their client-end (desktop and mobile) counterparts. In addition you will design and develop these applications, and coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure.
Responsibilities of the role:
Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
* Proficient in Java, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
* Experience of Spring Boot and Spring
* Experience with Microservices and implementing and consuming RESTful APIs
* Comfortable working in Agile methodologies, ideally Scrum
* Knowledge of SQL
* Understands a modern engineering environment using continuous integration, deployment and QA.
The company operates with a fun, friendly and sociable culture driven by:
* A team of motivated people
* Excellent access to CEO for guidance and mentoring
* Hybrid work environment, where you would be expected to be in the Birmingham office twice a month.
* A desire for creativity and innovative ways of growing.
* A relaxed atmosphere (casual office dress code, social events etc.)
* A focus on good staff benefits (Childcare Vouchers, Pensions, Competitive Salaries)
* Regular team events
* A good workplace environment
For the right candidate, excellent long-term career opportunities and the chance to have a major input into future business direction will present themselves as the company continues to grow