My client, a large financial organisation, are looking for an VDI Lead Architect for a 6 month contract.
This role is INSIDE of IR35. We're yet to have a day rate defined for this position but we're probably looking in and around the £700 P/D mark.
Job role includes;
- The Lead Architect will be responsible for providing technical leadership to two key initiatives: Firstly supporting design and delivery of incremental improvements to the existing VDI platform to support deployment plans; Secondly to support the design of a new strategic VDI platform.
- This role will involve developing and driving design decisions to consensus across Programme stakeholders
- Work with client stakeholders (CTO, Engineering, Operations, Security, LOB representatives etc) to ensure designs are validated against broader strategic, operational and security objectives
- Work closely with related Programme teams to identify and manage technical dependencies
The ideal candidate will have experience/skills in the following;
- Must have a minimum 10 year's experience as an Architect delivering major End User transformations with at least 2 successful projects at a Global Financial Services organisation.
- Must have experience of at least 2 global VDI implementations at different organisations
- Must have deep industry awareness with implementation experience of multiple primary vendor solutions and must be objective in terms of vendor selection in line with Client requirements
- Expert level understanding of all of the major components of a VDI architecture and associated solutions landscape i.e. Builds, Storage, Virtualisation, Physical Infrastructure, Datacentre, Application Delivery, Network etc.
- Expert level understanding of all major integration points i.e. Cloud, Identity Management, Entitlements Management, Authentication, CMDB, Naming services, Monitoring, Security alerting etc
- Good level of understanding and experience of developing solutions to meet Global Financial security, risk and compliance requirements
Oscar Technology is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.