Qualified/Newly qualified Accountant
BarTax Accountants WFC Ltd has been established for over 25 years and is a leading player in a niche market. Our company is part of a top 20 UK accountancy group.
We are recruiting a qualified or newly qualified accountant to join our growing practice. You will be ambitious, motivated, and forward thinking, with the drive and determination to take your career to the next level.
As part of our valued team, you can look forward to working within a people orientated and supportive practice that is committed to your professional development.
Your duties and responsibilities will include;
* Involvement in all the day-to-day activities of the company
* Preparing and or reviewing company and personal accounts, tax return documentation and VAT returns. This may be work done collectively as part of the team, or on an individual basis.
* Managing your day-today workload and resources, to ensure timely delivery of work to a consistent standard
* Assist with mentoring and leading the staff, setting staff objectives and adherence to the company's internal procedures
* Group company reporting
* Assist with the review, updating and application of company-wide working procedures
* Help manage the strategic development and direction of the practice
* Strive for quality and excellence in your work
You have the following skills and experience;
* Qualified accountant - ideally ACA or ACCA
* Good technical accounting skills
* General UK tax, VAT returns and accounting experience
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Have an eye for detail and accuracy with figures
* Strong IT skills
* Accountancy practice experience would be an advantage
* Reporting to the Practice Manager, this is a 'hands on' role. You are able to prioritise your own workload, and work unsupervised, as well as work with an experienced team of clerks.
What we are offering
Salary : expected £32k - £42k plus bonus
Plus employer pension contribution of 3%
Hours : 37.5hrs per week - Hybrid working with a mix of home and office working
Holidays 28 days per annum (inc BH's)