Purchasing Supplier Development Engineer
Salary - £36,000 to £38,000
A local Automotive Manufacturing business based in Sunderland, are looking for a Purchasing Supplier Development Engineer to join the team on a permanent basis.
This is an ideal candidate will be responsible for all Supplier Improvement and Development activities.
Role & Responsibilities
* Responsible for all supplier improvement including quality, projects, and costs within the supply chain
* Responsible for any supplier crisis that may cause stress to the business
* Working directly with suppliers to improve Quality or Delivery performance or business risk demands robust corrective action and improvement
* Utilising expertise and a range of tools to identify and lead improvement actions including material management, problem solving, auditing and load capacity planning.
* Performing capability assessments and process audits with key suppliers, when necessary, with key suppliers
* Supporting the development of improvement plans and coordinate milestones and completion of actions against an agreed plan to improve overall strategic supplier performance
* Actively support supply chain cost reduction projects and new product introduction by working closely with suppliers from development through to production launch
* Coaching suppliers in the deployment of key business processes such as 8D problem solving, Advanced Product Quality Planning and Material Management
* Leading cross functional teams in the development and deployment of effective supplier related policies, processes and procedures as per standards and customer requirements
Knowledge and Experience
* Previous work experience ideally in the automotive industry ideally or within a fast-paced manufacturing company
* Knowledge of ISO/TS:16949, methods and practices including APQP, FMEA, Control Plan and PPAP
* Must be able to travel regularly and at a short notice
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Supply Chain Management is preferred
* Lead auditor qualification is highly desirable
If you are interested in this role please send an up to date copy of your CV via the apply button