Rate: £25.50 - 31ph (depending on shift pattern)
Start: April 2022
HSB Technical are currently recruiting for a number of skilled Marine Plater to join one of our clients based in Portsmouth. You will be required to have a shipbuilding/ ship repair background ideally within the MOD/ Naval Industry.
CTC CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
The ideal candidates will be able to:
• Read/Interpret Engineering Drawings and Guidance information.
• Accurate marking off using measuring tools, being familiar with the use of straight edges, sprit levels, set squares, chalk/string lines, plumb bobs etc.
• Have all the basic hand skills, i.e. burning & chamfering of various gauges and types of plate.
• Tack welding and short run fillet welding (Training/Qualification can be provided)
• Confident in Burning and Grinding
• Understand and follow health & safety arrangements
• Minimum of NVQ level 3 or Apprenticeship Qualification or equivalent
• In date CTC/SC Clearance
• Marine experience
If you are available and interested in this contract please apply now and a member of our team will be in touch.
HSB Technical is the recruitment agency working on behalf of their client