Field Service Engineer
Typically covering Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Hertfordshire areas (With some other Nationwide travel expected when required)
£30,000 Per Annum (£45,000 + earning potential)
Benefits and Additional Information:
* Basic salary of £30,000 + per year
* Potential for retainer payments of up to £3,000 per year available
* Overtime of between £10,000 to £20,000 per year is available
* 40 contracted hours per week
* 33 days paid leave per year
* Company vehicle (Car or Van) provided
* Pension scheme available
* Tools, mobile and laptop provided by company
* Remote based role typically covering the area 50 miles radius of your home location, but nationwide travel may be required from time to time
* An initial induction at Company HQ in Woking, Surrey will be required
An exciting position has become available for a Field Service Engineer. You will report in to the Project Manager and will work alongside our Projects Team conducting mainly the servicing of Nurse Call Systems, for both new and existing customers. Some installation and commissioning work may also be required from time to time.
The role will comprise of:
* Close liaison with our Project Managers attending site to carry out servicing of nurse call / alarm systems typically within hospital and healthcare environments
* Ensuring compliance to all regulatory standards and to Company policies and procedures.
* Providing technical advice to customers and problem solving on site.
* Preparing detailed and timely progress reports and time sheets once works have been carried out and making recommendations for future works/maintenance
* Carrying out occasional installation and commissioning work to assist other departments as well as to assist the specifications team with new quotation requests.
* Field-based experience in the servicing of CAT5 electrical systems is ideal
* A valid UK Driving Licence is essential (clean or minor points only)
* The ability to interpret technical issues through non-technical descriptions provided by our customers
* Field based experience and working knowledge of IP networks would be an advantage
* Sound knowledge of electrical principles - City and Guilds 18th Edition Wiring Regs would be beneficial but not essential
* Computer literate including MS Office
* Ability to communicate fluently & possess excellent customer service skills
If you are experienced in the Servicing or Installations of Alarms, Nurse Call, CCTV or similar networked electrical systems and would like the opportunity to progress your career with a successful and thriving Company, please don't hesitate in applying with your CV at the earliest opportunity