Project Engineer Technical (C&I)
Are you a highly qualified and experienced Project Engineer with a Control & Instrumentation background?
Do you have a proven track record of working within highly regulated environments with high safety standards and culture?
Do you have or are able to attain CTC or SC level Security Clearance?
If so, this role could be a great fit, so please get in touch.
We are recruiting for a Project Engineer with C&I experience to Join our framework delivery team. The Generation Services business team supports our key client in Energy Nuclear Generation with regards their nuclear fleet in the UK. This is a key role within our Project Management Resource team which is spread across our UK network at all UK sites and stations. You will be part of a large client lead team at Heysham Power Station location and this role will support multiple projects within their UK wide project portfolio which may include existing generation, nuclear defueling, nuclear new build and/or nuclear decommissioning.
Project Engineers are accountable to the client Project Manager, Senior Project Manager and/or Construction Manager for successful delivery of all aspects of their assigned projects. Project Engineers will support the Project Managers and Construction Manager in managing allocated work from assignment to close out covering all duties related to work delivery as requested by the in order to ensure that the work is conducted in a safe, timely and effective manner to its conclusion.
The role will be based at the Heysham Power Station and will require occasional business travel to UK sites/stations Flexible working arrangements between office and home may be possible, however the role will predominantly be based at the Power Station. In this role you will report to the Operations Manager, but be accountable for project delivery directly to the client.
Strong communication and organisational skills are a must with the ability to develop relationships and maintain effective networks and be results-focussed tempered with a team-centred approach.
• Typically, Chartered Engineer or HND Plus with extensive experience in C&I engineering disciplines.
• Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) qualification.
• Experience of Identifying, implementing, and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality standards, company procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
• Able to prepare and maintain engineering documentation including Quality Plans, plus the production of technical specifications and support the process of contractor selection and contract placement, followed by the technical review of contractor's documents and drawings.
• Management of technical queries in accordance with process and procedures.
• Carry out technical appraisals of project options. Perform feasibility studies, site surveys and liaison with designers and station engineering staff as required.
• Prepare Engineering Changes and manage the preparation of supporting and affected documents.
• Prepare commissioning documents and act as test team leader where appropriate.
• Candidates that hold the APMP formal project management qualification or equivalent and versed in modern project management techniques, are preferred but it is not essential.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business