Our client is seeking a Financial Accountant to join their team, ideally on an initial fixed term contract for 4-6 months, however the client will consider offering the role permanently from day 1.
Annual salary is between £46,038 - £50,173, this is based on a 35-hour working week, with 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays and a very generous pension scheme.
The purpose of this position is to work with the Director of Finance to provide strategic and operational advice to the CEO and other senior colleagues on all aspects of financial management.
To contribute towards the continual development of financial practices and policies; ensuring the consistent internal controls and accurate accounting records.
To support the Director of Finance in the consolidation of accounts, managing funds and the preparation and consolidation of all financial returns to the ESFA and connected government departments.
Essential experience required:
* ACCA/ICAEW, CIMA or equivalent - completed or almost completed
* Preparation of budgets and management of the budgeting process
* Creation and presentation of robust management accounts
* Track record of dealing with internal and/or external audit
* Proven experience of working with computerised financial and management information systems
* Advanced excel skills
* Ability to analyse and interpret complex financial information, assess the implications and identify corrective action
* Knowledge of the principles which underlie the budget management process
* Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate financial issues to non-financial people
* Independent decision-making skills
* Ability to work with and influence senior colleagues
* Ability to plan, prioritise and organise workloads, showing resilience and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
* Can consistently practice collective responsibility
* Experience working in the Education sector
* Working with PSF accounting software
* Knowledge of public sector funding processes and requirements
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications, we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants, whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position. If you would like to be considered for similar and future positions, or for a complete listing of all our current vacancies, please visit our website