Your opportunityDeloitte's Real Asset Advisory (RAA) team in the UK consists of circa 250 people and is widely recognised as being unique in the market as the leading provider of asset and capital portfolio management services to both the real estate and infrastructure sectors.
You will be joining a world leading organisation with Deloitte ranked number one as the world's largest professional services firm and is the largest and most successful amongst its peers in the UK. It is a people-oriented business with a focus on delivery excellence to our clients with purpose.
This role is to join the team to lead asset management and capital portfolio projects and to drive continued growth of these services as part of the core team.
We bring a combination of sector specific insights and benchmarks to support our clients. As such, your role will involve work across multiple sectors including rail, roads, aviation, nuclear and telecoms. You will also have the opportunity to deliver real-estate focused projects should this be of interest.Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application. Your role
The role is for an experienced consultant to lead projects or major workstreams covering including:
- Alignment of strategic objectives to delivery outcomes & operational excellence
- Asset management orientated delivery models and operating models
- development and related delivery roadmaps for asset-intensive organisations, incorporating technologies involving asset intelligence, integrated planning, AI/ML, and prescriptive maintenance
- for process & system implementations, working alongside Enterprise Asset Management software teams
- advisory for critical assets and infrastructure
- within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Larger engagements will involve collaboration across Deloitte teams to delivery multi-disciplinary solutions that include our leading services in Major Programmes, Business Operations, Risk Advisory, Economics and Regulation and Financial Advisory.
We are looking for people who are comfortable dealing with senior management roles that may not be asset specialists whilst running and directing specific initiatives with professional asset managers, portfolio managers and engineers.
This will require someone who is able to work at pace; strong at communications and design strategic frameworks and has experience of specific asset plan or project development to provide tangible and practical insights. Example experience includes:
Your work, your choice
- Development of Strategic AM Plans, Asset Strategies and Asset plans Developing outcome/value/risk frameworks with clients to prioritise investment and inform decision-making
- Criticality assessments at a network and asset level to inform resilience/maintenance/investments
- Corporate asset management maturity and capability assessments and operating model design
- Supporting clients to help define their asset management operational and technology challenges.
- Asset performance reviews, asset health, and maintenance optimisation
- Delivering business requirements workshops and testing methodologies for EAM systems
- Manipulating large data sets to provide compelling, value add outputs and visualisations
- Asset data integrity assessments and development of improvement plans
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Location is flexible with the home office to be in one of our Deloitte offices in London, Birmingham or Manchester, but this client-facing role provides lots of opportunity for travel in the UK and overseas.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate. Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
Your service line: Financial Advisory
- A professional qualification or equivalent related industry experience that shows understanding of an asset intensive organisation
- A relevant degree (i.e engineering, business, management) and/or a relevant post graduate qualification.
- Excellent analytical skills including the ability to operate basic software such as PowerPoint and Excel to a high level.
- Strong commercial acumen and market awareness.
- The ability to build strong, effective working relationships and work on own initiative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to write clear, concise reports.
- Understanding of financial and business drivers and basic accounting concepts.
- Confidence and proactivity to challenge the status quo and drive innovation at pace.
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you'll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
For a full job description please visit our online Deloitte Careers portal.