SCC is a leading IT services provider across the UK and EMEA; spanning 45 years of heritage and helping thousands of commercial and public sector clients adopt and evolve their use of IT over this time. Today the business generates £2.3B revenue with over 1800 employees in the UK.
The Lead Project Manager will report to the Head of Projects for their relevant base region and will be responsible and accountable for successful completion of professional services projects for SCC's end customers. Projects are delivered with a mix of time and materials and fixed price contracts toward high profile public sector and private sector clients.
The Lead Project Manager will be a highly motivated and business aware individual, able to work effectively with their project teams, their management, with other stakeholders in SCC and with the end customer. This must include effective communication, desire to develop relationships and hence increase sales.
The key responsibilities of this role are as follows:
• Mentoring & Development
• Project Management
• Ensure correct start up and management of the project, via the Acceptance Into Projects process, implementing the SCC model and agreed procedures set out within the PMO governance model utilising SCCs chosen project management system and document repository tools
• Effective use of management products in accordance with the PMO governance model and scaling including PIDs, plans, project logs & communication models to shape delivery such that the time, cost and scope are planned to a baseline, and delivery follows the plan
• Ensure project plan clearly articulates all customer pre-requites, enabling critical paths to be created and managed, showing customer's and SCC's impact to plan in missing critical path deliverables
• Effective risk management (to anticipate issues) via identification, assessment, planning, implementation, communication and monitoring
• Sole responsibility for issue management and escalation where necessary. Escalating promptly any issues that may in future have an impact on SCC or the future relationship with the customer
• Sole responsibility for timely booking and management of resources required for project delivery utilising SCCs resource request system
• Maintenance of weekly resource validations
• Maintenance of their forecast and actuals on a weekly basis
• Sole responsibility for managing the project budget and ensuring invoices are delivered against forecasts
• Changes which impact project budget are communicated with account management at the earliest opportunity
• Raising of Change Control Notes to cover off any changes to scope, cost and time in a timely manner, ensuring all changes are raised in advance of any work associated to change starting
• Raising of internal project change notes where appropriate
• Maintain customer and SCC internal weekly reporting methods in accordance with the relevant PMO governance and project scale, such that project status and progress is accurate and understood at all levels
• Continued business justification via end stage gate reviews, acceptance procedures and project board and customer approvals.
• Sole responsibility for project management documentation in accordance with the PMO governance model to ensure successful financial and process auditing
• Management of internal and external stakeholders including other key SCC service providers and 3rd party organisations
• Responsible for the creation of project closure documentation and customer sign-off
• Management of service transition where required
• Responsible for all required changes to be raised to internal or customer change approval boards prior to any changes to systems. Ensuring to follow internal or customer change approval board guidelines on when changes are required
• PRINCE2 Practitioner qualification
• SC clearance
Knowledge and Experience
• 10 years plus relevant experience in IT or related industry, with a proven track record of delivering complex projects on-time, to budget and quality
• Proven track record of running finances on complex projects. Ability to forecast project budgets and deliver against forecast with clear communication and escalation where budget will be breached.
• Clear understanding of Contract Change Notice and Project Change Notice creation and management
• Project team management to ensure that the candidate always leads by example
• Creative problem solver
• Experience of running a number of simultaneous projects successfully
• Organised and structured approach to project documentation and project data
• Effective communicator at all levels
• Proficient in Microsoft products such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio and Project
• Experience of delivering large scale infrastructure projects
• Experience of working in a consultancy business model or similar where time is billed to clients.
• ITIL qualification preferable
• A good understanding of technology solutions
• Experience of ITIL, acceptance into service processes
Technical / Business Skills / Ability
• Ability to cope successfully under pressure and with shifting priorities
• Strong relationship building skills
• Professional and positive
• Highly organised, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative and without supervision
• Diligent, with excellent attention to detail
• Tenacious and assertive, professional and positive
• Working within structured business processes and regulated procedures
• Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken English
• Strong Microsoft Office skills; able to manipulate data (including the use of formulas) in Excel spreadsheets
• Holds current driving licence and able and willing to travel
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.