Our Client is a pan-European energy company operating one of the largest power portfolios in the world, with over 40GW of generating capacity. In the UK, they operate and manage a flexible portfolio including coal, oil, biomass, and gas-fired power stations, producing more than 10% of the electricity used in Great Britain.
This position is part of the E,C&I team at a gas-fired power station and the successful candidate will be involved in the preparation, implementation, and commissioning for a major outage in the Summer of 2022.
The main responsibilities are:
* Identify thermocouples to be replaced
* Identify new thermocouple locations as requested by Mechanical Engineer
* Identify if there is enough cabling back to the DCS to cover both of the above and if not determine priorities
* Identify cables and junction boxes damaged by heat from HRSG casing leaks
* Identify scaffolding and lagging requirements and interfaces
* Identify mechanical interfaces
* Support contractor with site specific confined spaces/restricted access aspects of risk assessments
* Review contractor risk assessments and method statements
* Act as Technical Officer/Designated Contract Engineer for the main contractor (or possibly Safety Liaison Officer)
* Support recommissioning / testing of thermocouples.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Qualifications to minimum ONC level in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
* Experience in the maintenance of instrumentation in a process industry
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Good work ethic and prepared to work flexible hours to match the business need
* Some familiarity with PRISM