Job Title: Maintenance Electrician
* Stable Engineering company with good career prospects
* Monthly and annual bonus
* Work with an experienced team of maintenance staff
Sheffield. Easily commutable from the M1 and set in the heart of the Engineering Industry around Sheffield.
Our client are a heavy industry engineering firm, specializing in the defence industry. Due to two scheduled retirements, they are now looking for a Maintenance Fitter & Electrician to bolster the team.
Our client are the UK leading manufacturer of steel castings and proud to service a variety of industries
Salary of a Maintenance Electrician
The successful candidate will be working Monday to Friday on a two-shift pattern:
Mornings 06:00 to 13:30 for two weeks, and
Afternoons 13:30 to 21:00 (Friday Afternoons 10:30 to 17:00) for one week.
(Overtime is available at a premium rate)
Flexibility is required to ensure the smooth running of the plant.
Job Description of a Maintenance Electrician
As the Maintenance Electrician, you will be responsible for...
* Immediately responding to breakdowns, carrying out fault diagnosis, and carrying out repairs in a safe and timely manner.
* Installing new machinery
* Carrying out Planned Preventative Maintenance
* Providing technical support within the team
Skills & experience of a Maintenance Electrician :
* Have completed Electrician Engineering Apprenticeship
* Have at least 5 years' previous experience as an Electrician, within a similar industrial environment
* Demonstrate extensive experience in using own initiative to identify electrical faults and carry out repairs
* Demonstrate a strong general knowledge of Foundry / Heavy industrial machinery
* Be physically fit / healthy
* Be comfortable working at height using either access equipment or climbing ladders to fixed working platforms
* Be proficient in operating workshop machinery (Pillar Drill, Pedestal Drill) as well as various handtools
* Be proficient in carrying out fault finding and repairs on Electrical / Automated systems
* Be capable of reading electrical and engineering drawings
* Be proficient in panel building
* ONC, NVQ level 3 minimum
* A knowledge of PLCs would also be an advantage
* Must also hold BS7671 (18th Edition) certificate
Why Should You Apply?
* Excellent training
* Good career prospects and potential opportunities for progression
* Stable Manufacturer
* No night shift + overtime available
Theo James Recruitment specialise in Manufacturing & Engineering recruitment across the following disciplines.
Leadership and Management
Quality - Engineering , Management
Design - Engineer, Management
Maintenance - Technician, Engineer, Management
Production / Process Engineering
Health, Safety & Environmental
Project Engineering, Management
HR & Finance