Our client is a market leading and award winning Food Manufacturer and the proud owner of a portfolio of recognisable brands. The company culture is fast moving and a meritocracy as well as being on a journey to build a global food business and 'best in class' Procurement function. Because of company growth, they have multiple Category Buyer opportunities across a variety of categories including Ingredients, Vegetables, Fish and Grains & Flours.
Working in a centralised, and high performing, Procurement team, you will report into a Procurement Controller and influence a spend of up to €30m across all brands.
The business is going through a significant period of change and growth, mainly because of acquisitions, and you will work closely with suppliers, manufacturing sites and stakeholders, including Quality, Sustainability, Production and R&D, across multiple countries.
Working at a strategic and operational level, you will identify the buying strategy in line with business requirements, by assessing the supply base and implementing robust supplier relationship management. There will be a significant focus on cost, availability and risk management; managing prices early on to protect margins and challenging suppliers on cost models.
This is a fantastic opportunity to influence a food supply chain transformation and be part of the solution.
There is hybrid working being offered and some international travel is required.
• Work closely with the Procurement Leadership Team to build challenging and achievable cost reduction targets
• Identify savings opportunities, supported by analysis and stakeholder engagement
• Project manage all strategic sourcing initiatives across all key spend areas and apply value engineering techniques
• Manage cross functional teams including key internal stakeholders and suppliers
• Working effectively with suppliers to ensure a high level of service and quality and that suppliers are treated fairly
• Be a Procurement Champion for a nominated Supply Unit and lead on change projects outside of BAU tasks
Skills and experience required::
• An experienced Procurement OR Food Retail buying professional with experience of buying to specification. This could be ingredients or raw materials i.e. chemicals
• Detailed knowledge of procurement/buying principles (sourcing, tendering, contract and supplier management) preferably gained in the FMCG/ (preferably manufacturing) or Food Retail sectors
• Experience in cost modelling with the ability to dissect elements of costs
• Solid commercial capability and negotiation skills
• Multi-cultural empathy
• Clear communication skills
• Highly organised with project/programme management skills, open to change and able to manage and deliver change
• Strong influencing and team building skills with the ability to build consensus with stakeholders
• Naturally inquisitive and able to drive forward innovation and build best practice
• Graduate calibre