Reporting to: Network Manager
Salary Range: £50K-55K depending on experience
Benefits: Holiday starting at 21 days holiday rising 1 day per year to a maximum of 25. These are in addition to public holidays. Healthcare, Pension
Possess a flexible approach to working hours as the role requires travel nationally and, on occasions, internationally, sometimes at short notice.
Must be able to work effectively as an individual as well as part of the team. Knowledge of other company products and services (Security, Microsoft, Intel, IBM Power etc.) would be advantageous.
* Forward thinking, self-starting individual, able to manage a varying workload and prioritise work based upon client requirement
* Experience of client facing situations with the ability to gain the confidence of a client quickly by demonstrating competence in their field
* Excellent customer skills and a consultative approach
This is a hybrid role that combines presales design and project implementation elements. It also involves working with the existing team to deliver BAU challenges.
* To provide the timely and quality delivery of products and services to our customers, concentrating (but not exclusively) on Cisco Systems networking products
* Design Network Architecture solutions by engaging with customers on their business and technical requirements. Define and validate bill of materials and services quotations for these solutions
* To provide third line support on Cisco based incidents.
* Design of network solutions to integrate other products and services
* Providing 2/3 level support for technical network queries
* Delivery work - installing and configuring Cisco LAN, WAN, Wireless and Security solutions
* Clearly document network infrastructure and services solutions
Installation, configuration, demonstration, support documentation and troubleshooting of Switch/ Router/Wireless/UC/Security Devices. Particularly ASA Firewalls.
* IOS/ NW Module installation and upgrades
* VPN configuration, MPLS and Leased line
* Routing - static and dynamic
* Network analysis, troubleshooting and fault diagnosis skills
* DC Top of Rack, Security and DCI installation and configuration
* Discuss any technical issues with the customer regarding any network changes to be carried out and gain full agreement by documenting the scope of work
* Be able to spot opportunities for other solutions/technologies/services that we can provide
* Network Management Software installation and configuration
A solid engineering background with relevant Cisco accreditations and experience in a delivery or support role is desirable. A CCNP Routing and Switching or CCNP Security qualification will have been attained or close to conclusion.
Training will be provided to enable keeping all relevant skills up to date and expanded to appropriate areas.
* CCNA certification (Security preferred)
* CCNP certification (Security preferred) or equivalent experience
* Extensive experience and knowledge of Cisco firewall/firepower support and configuration
* In-depth knowledge of VPN technologies
* Extensive knowledge of Cisco switches and routers
* Core network skills to include, routing (OSPF, BFG, MPLS, etc), switching (VLANS, STP, Stacking, etc)
* Strong understanding of corporate LAN and WAN data networks
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Visio and experience creating network documentation
* Current UK Driving licence.
* Experience with support and configuration of HP switches
* Experience supporting Cisco wireless networks (Cisco & Meraki)
* Experience on Juniper FW