Our client are one of the leading contract manufacturers in Europe for the supply of electromechanical assemblies, wiring harnesses and control systems. The company has a world class customer base and we are market leading in our supply of complex wiring and sub assemblies to Europe's rail industry. The company is looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to help input, maintain and develop their quality systems at both our UK and possibly our European sites. This is very much a "hands on" role which involves working closely with a motivated quality team and ensuring that our quality systems and methods are continually improved.
The Quality Engineer will be responsible for:
-helping to sustain all major quality approvals at the site: ISO 9001, ISO/TS 22163 etc.
-supporting successful customer audits and third party assessments,
-working with the Quality Manager to ensure that the Quality Management System is fit for purpose and constantly updated,
-carrying out internal audits and external supplier audits,
-monitoring and measuring all key performance indicators for the site and working closely with the Quality Manager at continuous improvement programmes,
-working closely with quality staff from our customers on product FAIs and quality improvement programmes,
-helping to maintain good tooling control and calibration management,
-handling any customers and supplier quality non conformance issues.
-handling day to day shop floor quality issue and queries
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
1. Show a strong track record of maintaining and improving quality approvals such as ISO 9001, ISO 22163 or AS9001
2. Experience of completing internal/supplier audits to IS0 9001 or similar.
3. Have excellent customer facing and interpersonal skills enabling excellent relationships to be established with customers and third party assessors.
4. Have a good technical understanding of electromechanical products, workmanship standards (IPC620) and electronic test equipment.
1. Be able to develop continuous improvement programmes with a good grasp of six sigma principles.
2. Be a good team player with a "hands on" style and results orientated attitude.
3. Have the ambition to help lift the quality standards within the organisation and further enhance them with the possible introduction of ISO 14001 and ISO45001.
4. Have the ability to help coordinate and harmonize the QMS System between here and our other european site