2nd Line Support Engineer
£35k - £40k per year + excellent pension
Working as a member of the Specialist Technical Support Team and providing some local supervision of work colleagues as required, contributing to an efficient and effective Customer Service, ensuring a quality end to end ICT Service for West Mercia Police.
To provide a high level of technical support across West Mercia Police, both to internal customers and to external customers ensuring the department is offering the best level of service in terms of ICT services, specialist applications and equipment.
1. To provide level 2 and 3 technical support capability, to carry out appropriate customer problem solving activities, including invoking external support as necessary.
2. To deliver an effective, high-quality service to the organisation and all its customers. Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly on recommendations and action plans for resolution.
3. To manage and work with suppliers/partners to deliver an effective and efficient seamless service provision as required.
4. To provide required documentation to the prescribed standard for the service teams and ensure any change in procedure and/or documentation is available to relevant parties at the earliest opportunity.
5. To help to create new knowledge base articles to share information for reuse throughout the team and customer base (where necessary).
6. To diagnose faults with technical systems and take appropriate action, escalating as necessary ensuring proper recording, investigation, identification and resolution.
7. To maintain/enhance working knowledge of emerging technology and industry best practice, gaining knowledge and expertise through hand-on experience, self-study, and other agreed learning environments.
8. To technically support the operation and control of the ICT estate as required to maintain, deliver and support IT services and products to meet the needs of the force.
9. To be familiar with and support the aims and objectives of the team, department, contributing to the overall vison of the directorate and organisation.
10. To take individual responsibility for fully understanding, and acting upon, situations that require the pursuit of purpose over process.
11. To undertake other duties commensurate with the nature, level of responsibility and grading of this post, as required.
* ICT (Level 5) professional qualification or equivalent ICT qualification.
* Professional Management qualification (Level 5), or equivalent.
* ITIL certification in IT Service Management, or similar.
* Knowledge and understanding of Industry Best Practice and relevant guidelines such as ITIL v4.
* Significant knowledge of relevant IT technologies and applications their use and application.
* Substantial knowledge, acquired through hands-on experience, in a specialist technical support environment for both hardware and software.
* A positive "can do" attitude and flexibility in taking on a broad range of IT responsibilities and tasks at short notice.
* A commitment towards delivery quality customer service to internal and external customers.
* Ability to remain calm and controlled and maintain high performance within a mission critical service delivery environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Ability to work within a multi-discipline team responsible for supporting key technologies.
* Requires a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
* Demonstrable flexible approach to work, high level of self-motivation.
* Ability to manage the implementation of system upgrades, working with other ICT technical staff, business users and 3rd party suppliers.
* Ability to quickly absorb and understand the technical aspects of any new ICT technologies.
All applicants must be able to pass NPPV3 Security Clearance
If you have not held residency in the UK for the last 5 years, we will not be able to process an application from you.
To be considered for this highly rewarding opportunity, please submit your CV online today