Full Job Description
Disability Assessor - Homebased
Starting Salary - £35,000 - £38,500
Are you a Nurse, Physiotherapist, Occupational therapist or paramedic registered with the NMC/HCPC? Are you looking to move away from shift work and get more of a work life balance, but still maintain your PIN? Here at Integra People we could have the perfect opportunity for you!
Our Homebased Disability Assessor role offers the chance to utilise and build on your clinical knowledge within a brand new work environment. Our client offers a comprehensive training programme, to make sure you are confident and comfortable in your new role, all whilst paying your full salary! This role also offers exciting career progression opportunities and a wide range of employee benefits.
Previous experience as is Disability Assessor is not required as you will be fully trained to do the role, however, Government legislation requires you to have at least 12 months' work experience in one of the above Nursing or AHP disciplines working with people 16 - 64.
You can choose one of the roles or a mixture of each below to suit you!
Day to day duties BO:
* You are responsible for clinically evaluating the initial application form for PIP claimants
* Managing application forms
* deciding whether a claimant requires face to face consultation or paper based reviews
* You will utilise your clinical knowledge/skills massively within this role as you are responsible for liaising with GPs, Consultants and Specialist Nurses.
Day to day duties FO:
* Use your broad-based medical experience and clinical knowledge to conduct independent health assessments and produce a report on behalf of the DWP
* You will not be required to make any decisions within this role but simply assist with the health assessment of the claims process
* Utilise your clinical knowledge and broad-based medical experience by carrying out face to face assessments and examinations in a holistic manner. Such assessments focus on how a person's health condition(s) may have an impact on day-to-day life.
* Use IT systems and software to write clear and concise medical reports which will later be used for decision making purposes.
* Must be NMC / HCPC registered
* 1 year post graduate experience
* Must be IT competent - typing, MS packages
* Strong interpersonal skills
* No experience necessary as an assessor
* full comprehensive training is provided with full salary from day one.
Working Hours - Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm once training is complete - (No Weekend's, Nights or Long Days)
Benefits of this role:
* 25 days' annual leave, with the option to buy and sell up to 10 days - plus all national bank holidays
* Full training and support as part of the all new training academy
* Pension scheme, matching up to 10% of your contributions
* Life assurance, private medical insurance and medical indemnity insurance
* Reimbursement of your annual NMC/HCPC registration fee
* Health screening every two years, after one year's service
* Thorough in-house and professional training and development, covering well over the required CPD hours to revalidate and maintain your professional registration.
* All flexible benefits can be tailored to your requirement and lifestyle: travel or dental insurance, child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme and more.
If you are interested in the Disability Assessor position and would like to start an application, then please apply to this advert and a member of recruitment team will be in touch.
To find out further information or to have a confidential conversation please call or email Liv on (phone number removed) or Olivia.styles @ integrapeople .com