IT Trade Floor Support
Purpose of this role
To provide first level support and guidance to users of all decentralised IT equipment and services.
* Provision of first level technical and user support to all UK staff and EMEA IT Support teams.
* Management of Help Desk application and ensuring that all calls are logged and apply ITIL approach when possible.
* Regular updates of applications including virus updates and security patches.
* Assistance with the preparation of written reports recommending action where appropriate to improve security.
* Resilience or performance or to reduce operational risk.
* Support, roll out and maintenance of all desktop equipment.
* User assistance and guidance.
* Application of security updates.
* Regular hardware and software audits.
* Analysis, problem solving and escalation if / when necessary.
* Offering support to EMEA sites.
Key skills, experience and personal attributes
* Minimum of 3 years' experience within IT and/or Telephony Support.
* Trading Floor support experience.
* Experience with Microsoft environment (Windows, Office, Active Directory, SCCM)
* Experience with telephony, in particular dealerboard and recording (Etrali & Alcatel).
* Knowledge on market data (Bloomberg, Thomason Reuters Eikon & Dealing).
* Scripting and batch creation would be beneficial, although not compulsory.
* Microsoft certified (ideally)
* Good people skills (able to deal with range of users at all levels).
* Good global knowledge in the IT field (Ideally a degree in the IT field).
* Able to identify potential problems before they arise and take corrective action.
* Able to analyze trends and estimate future needs
* Able to make well thought out and recommendations based on sound conclusions.
* Good organization skills.
* Willingness to learn