CNC Turner - Setter / CNC Operator
Location: Hailsham, East Sussex
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Since 1964, we have been the name on everyone's lips when they think about high quality ultra-high vacuum products and services.
As pioneers in the field of UHV technology, Vacgen's focus on innovation, reliability and quality has helped great minds take great leaps forward. Products from VACGEN are widely used by the world's leading Universities and research institutions, from NASA and the European Space Agency to the Large Hadron Collider at CERN.
VACGEN remains the partner of choice for the next generation of researchers, innovators and builders. From our UK high tech manufacturing base, our focus is on delivering enabling technologies and supporting our customers across industry and academia.
At our new, purpose-built manufacturing facility near Hailsham, East Sussex we have entered an exciting new phase in our development as we embark on an ambitious expansion programme.
Are you looking for the next step in your career? Could you be the right person to fill one of our positions?
We are now recruiting for a CNC Turner - Setter / Operator to join us on a permanent basis and assume responsibility for the setting and operating of CNC machines to produce parts correct to drawing!
Key Duties / Responsibilities of the CNC Setter / Operator:
* Set and Run proven and unproven programs, adjust work and/or tool co-ordinates and correct any errors.
* Set tools and produce 'First off' parts to the correct quality.
* Change from machine to machine at infrequent intervals.
* Fulfil training programs deemed necessary to allow efficient performance of duties.
* Maintaining of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
* Perform other duties from time to time, as may be required by the Company.
Essential Skills & Experience:
* Must be experienced in CNC turning, setting and operating.
* Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and GD&T.
* Capable of using various machine controls (FANUC).
* Understand how tools and material will react after & during machining.
* Must have experience in machining flanges and component parts.
* Understands requirements of On Time Delivery both internally and externally.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
* IT literate (Windows 7, MS Office).
We require all employees to have the following personal qualities / attributes:
* High levels of motivation, enthusiasm.
* Capable of working well in a team environment.
* Ability to work on own initiative.
* Willing to contribute to the overall improvement and success of the business, working practices.
* A positive attitude, co-operative, willing to follow procedures and work constructively with colleagues.
What Vacgen offers:
We offer 25 days holiday, company pension, life insurance, flexible working hours with a 1200hrs finish on a Friday, a state of the art working environment, a great benefits package and a competitive salary.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please