RLE International is working on behalf of their Essex based Automotive Client, who are currently looking for a Systems Engineer (EDS) to support and join their expanding team
Our client offers a wide range of unique opportunities available to suit some of the best people and brightest minds in the automotive industry.
We are positioned to become the most desirable Asian brand in Europe, and we need your help to get there.
Rate: Negotiable (dependent on experience) - via Umbrella
This is an opportunity to be a part of the growing Low Voltage EDS (Electrical Distribution System) Team, working inside the new Model-E organisation. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the systems engineering development for the LV EDS team, which offers exciting exposure to every electrified system on the vehicle. Lead Implementation of the Electrical Distribution System (EDS) for Global Programs based on generic and reusable architectures. Lead the development of the Electrical Distribution system as specified by the current level of EDS SDS. Lead the interface to Full-Service Supplier to deliver the definition of fuse size, wire size and type. Lead the EDS content within electrical / functional compatibility reviews
* Support signoff of EDS Design requirements and Design rule checks relative to EDS Systems
* Lead EDS interface with Systems Engineering on logical and physical schematic development
* Lead the interface to Full-Service Supplier to work with CAE Team to complete circuit CAE analysis Lead EDS Systems cost analysis and topology / architecture analysis
* Support Full-Service Supplier with logical and physical schematic design data management
* Lead Full-Service Supplier to develop compliant Fusing & Grounding Strategies.
* Support Full-Service Supplier to optimize harness family complexity
* Support pre-production vehicles for potential campaign items and assess warranty impact
* Support 3D wire routing and package CAD layout activity (bundle size calculations, etc.)
* Support Technical Design Reviews with Technical Leads
* Support best design efficiencies for manufacturing, assembly, and failure mode avoidance practices
* Support program specific foundation documents (Boundary Diagrams, DFMEA, etc)
* Support manufacturing print development with Full-Service Supplier Partner, sign-off, and release Drive commonality of designs across multiple programs and platforms
* Participate in vehicle builds (launch) and lead resolution of issues (AIMS)
* Demonstrate the application and deployment of engineering quality tools (FMEA, 8D, 6-Sigma, APQP)
* Demonstrate the application and deployment of engineering processes (WERS, AIMS, FEDEDVP, Teamcenter)
* Excellent communication skills and ability to work as one team across multiple regions (FNA, FAPA, FSAO) Excellent administrative skills and level of organisation
* Project management skills with a thorough attention to detail
Experience in EDS Engineering
Experience and ability to judge and improve EDS designs and processes to prevent failure modes
HNC/HND in Engineering
Degree in Electrical Engineering
If you have any of the above knowledge and experience, and are interested in hearing more about the opportunities, please apply now.
*Please note: Due to the high level of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted*
Eligibility: Due to working on behalf of our client, unfortunately if you require sponsorship for a visa to work in the UK your application will be automatically declined
**NO AGENCY CALLING