An exciting opportunity for a Trainee Colourist to join an established Home Textiles company who supply High Street retailers & Online stores. The company specialise in readymade curtains, bedding & cushions. You will be part of a team that produces colour work for a variety of own brand and customer ranges for bedding and curtains. You will be involved in providing suppliers with colour standards and files for production. This is an office-based role working Monday to Friday 8.30am-5.30pm. The ideal candidate will have an interest in textiles and colour and be willing to learn.
* Early finish on a Friday.
* 20 days holiday (increasing by 1 per year) plus bank holidays
* Pension plan with 3% employer contribution
* Life assurance policy
* Free Parking
* Identifying new colour trends.
* Interpreting customer trends into commercial colourways.
* Recolouring old designs to bring them up to date.
* Printing designs on the digital printers.
* Preparing the colour standard packs for the mills.
* Sending files to other members of the design team and other colleagues in the business.
* Organising approved files within colouring software and sending correct ones to the mill for printing.
* Approving mill bulk printing layouts.
* Making sure designs are printable in bulk production.
* Separating designs where necessary to ensure best end result.
* Colour development work for all internal and customer ranges.
* Colour matching.
* Providing suppliers with colour standards and files for production.
* Other duties as required.
* MUST have an interest in Home Textiles and colour.
* Be able to work as part of a team and use own initiative
* Good attention to detail.
* Willingness to learn.
* Good problem-solving skills.
* Be a confident communicator.
* Have the ability to organise and prioritise effectively.
Please be aware the duties listed above are an interpretation of the role and do not form any part of your employment contract. Please ask the interviewer any questions about the role that you wish to clarify.
Tagged Resources Limited acts as an employment agency. We have 25 years of Recruitment and Industry experience, working with Retail and Supply Chain markets and have various positions available. If this vacancy does not suit your experience and you are looking for a suitable role please look at our website or follow us on social networking sites. All are updated on a daily basis